Roger Williams Law School Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
rgucsb

Bronze

Roger Williams Law School

Post by rgucsb » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:35 pm

I have not herd much about this law school (esp. being from California). If anyone can provide me with any insight or details, I would greatly appreciate it.

They are offering me a 1/2 tuition scholarship plus $500 for books to attend (as long as I finish in the top half of the class).

This was mean I would only graduate with about $50,677 in tuition debt. Sounds pretty attractive.

I am still undecided over the type of law I would like to practice. Though I did enjoyed the internships I had at the DA's and Public Defenders offices in San Diego while I was an undergrad.

I have also gotten accepted to accepted into 1 T2 and a few T3's (New York Law, Loyola New Orelans, Southwestern).

Thanks, looking forward to the help

DukeHopeful

Bronze

Re: Roger Williams Law School

Post by DukeHopeful » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:44 pm

It's like having AIDS being a Roger Williams grad outside of Rhode Island and even there I at least have hepatitus.
Ouch.

evilxs

Bronze

Post by evilxs » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Im not normally a hater on law schools, but you can seriously do better than that. Way too much money for a tier 4 school that has a low bar passage rate. It should be at least over 90% for any school you look at attending.

Mr. Pablo

Bronze

Post by Mr. Pablo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Do not go to Roger Williams to get your JD unless you want to live and work in RI for a good long while. The legal market provided by RI is overwhelmingly bankruptcy, wills, trusts, personal injury, etc...- everyday individual needs kind of stuff. There isn't a whole lot in the way of 'prestigious employment' (judge or DA type work, absolutely no 'BigLaw' at all) to be had by people without connections to state/Providence government.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CaptainSnuggleBunny

New

Post by CaptainSnuggleBunny » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 pm

Mr. Pablo wrote:Do not go to Roger Williams to get your JD unless you want to live and work in RI for a good long while. The legal market provided by RI is overwhelmingly bankruptcy, wills, trusts, personal injury, etc...- everyday individual needs kind of stuff. There isn't a whole lot in the way of 'prestigious employment' (judge or DA type work, absolutely no 'BigLaw' at all) to be had by people without connections to state/Providence government.
Even if you want to work in RI, there are better options than RWU.

Last edited by CaptainSnuggleBunny on Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rgucsb

Bronze

Post by rgucsb » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks for all the insight, crossing it off my list of possibilities

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”