Jobs with the FBI/CIA Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Brawndo

New

Re: Jobs with the FBI/CIA

Post by Brawndo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:35 pm

Renzo wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:
Renzo wrote:
generals10 wrote:As for the physical, it looked pretty damn easy to me. 300 meter 'sprint' in 50 seconds is a pace I can hold for an entire mile, and I'm not even a good athlete.
So you're saying you can run a sub-4:30 mile and you're "not a good athlete?" Hmmm...
:lol:

Someone is either a REALLY good athlete, or a really poor estimator of their own speed.

Yeah, it was my quote. Sub 4:30 is correct, but I was not top 7 on my high school cross country team, and as a senior in a D3 college, I was routinely beaten by freshman. I also scored 0 points on my 8th grade basketball team, at a school where there was only 35 total kids in 8th grade. I would consider this to be not a good athlete, though I'm fairly certain I can get a full grade on the 4 FBI tests, and a full grade for the extra pull up test.

LOL this is ridiculous. I played soccer throughout high school and consider myself an average athlete, and definitely better fitness than the average person, and my mile is around 7:45

generals10 is just trying to covertly e-brag ("Oh I'm not that good, just run a mile in under 5 minutes, blah blah)

PoliticalJunkie

Bronze

Post by PoliticalJunkie » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:39 pm

predetermined wrote:
PoliticalJunkie wrote:Short end of the straw? If you decide to do it, you have 0 say in where you get located after training which really sucks.
Any idea how this is determined? Do they basically allocate based on departmental need and candidate background/qualifications? Can you relocate later on?
It's all need-based. You can put in a request, but it's rare to be granted as far as I can tell. I know in DC they've changed some of that (since they needed people and the DC-Field office was able to allow folks to stay in the area to increase recruitment) but as far as I know that is the only field office that does it.

You can move and simply request changes, though I wouldn't say it's always easy. The hot zones of LA, Chicago, NY, DC, etc are likely to have competition.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:47 pm

Brawndo wrote:
Renzo wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:
Renzo wrote:
So you're saying you can run a sub-4:30 mile and you're "not a good athlete?" Hmmm...

Someone is either a REALLY good athlete, or a really poor estimator of their own speed.

Yeah, it was my quote. Sub 4:30 is correct, but I was not top 7 on my high school cross country team, and as a senior in a D3 college, I was routinely beaten by freshman. I also scored 0 points on my 8th grade basketball team, at a school where there was only 35 total kids in 8th grade. I would consider this to be not a good athlete, though I'm fairly certain I can get a full grade on the 4 FBI tests, and a full grade for the extra pull up test.

LOL this is ridiculous. I played soccer throughout high school and consider myself an average athlete, and definitely better fitness than the average person, and my mile is around 7:45

generals10 is just trying to covertly e-brag ("Oh I'm not that good, just run a mile in under 5 minutes, blah blah)
Yeah this is utterly crazy.. a sub 4:30 mile is top 7 on almost any high school cross country team. Back then I was top 14 on my team (which were State Champs 4 years running) and I could only run a sub 5:00 mile and I definitely was a good athlete for awhile. Now I definitely cannot get anywhere close to that mile time...

By definition, almost anybody on a college team (barring say bowling perhaps) is a good athlete no matter what division that school is in.

redsox

Silver

Post by redsox » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:52 pm

EDIT: Question answered already.

ughOSU

Bronze

Post by ughOSU » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Brawndo wrote:
Renzo wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:
Renzo wrote:

Well I weigh close to 500 lbs. and my daily exercise regiment consists of walking to the fridge and eating a whole ice cream cake. However, I consider myself a phenomenal athlete. How many bowls of mayo can you people eat in one sitting? Give me a day or two of training and I'm pretty sure I could run a 4:30 mile no sweat.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:13 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:A lot of good athletes, myself included, might have trouble with the pushup requirement. But yeah the running is easy.
How can you consider yourself a "good athlete" if you can't do a pushup?

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:51 pm

SolarWind wrote:
Brawndo wrote:
Renzo wrote:
HerseyChris wrote:

Yeah this is utterly crazy.. a sub 4:30 mile is top 7 on almost any high school cross country team. Back then I was top 14 on my team (which were State Champs 4 years running) and I could only run a sub 5:00 mile and I definitely was a good athlete for awhile. Now I definitely cannot get anywhere close to that mile time...

By definition, almost anybody on a college team (barring say bowling perhaps) is a good athlete no matter what division that school is in.
Sorry, sub 4:30 was in college. Though the joke on letsrun.com is that everyone was a 4:30 miler in high school. Yeah right now I'm not in such great shape. I'm always injured and don't run a consistent basis. I can still run a 63 minute 10 miler apparently though, so I'm not in terrible shape.

Sorry I took this topic off topic.

WhatToDo21

New

Post by WhatToDo21 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:40 am

[/quote]
The FBI, 12,000 armed accountants.[/quote]
:lol: Who wouldn't want this guy strapped with a 9?????? Image

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Anyone apply to the CIA, DOD, DHS, or Dept of AF summer programs and hear back either way yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”