Attorney = 1st Secret of a $75k Salary Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Gold

Re: Attorney = 1st Secret of a $75k Salary

Post by 98234872348 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Crap, the attorneys I know make a hell of a lot more than double what the paralegals make.
+1

Foozle

Bronze

Post by Foozle » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Tave wrote:Why do people always assume the self-reporting bias will scew towards the higher salaries?

Not saying it won't, but it seems you could make arguments either way, and I haven't seen any concrete documentation of the common belief.
It's common sense. You can make arguments either way, and it's true that the self-reporting bias might cancel out, but it's probably safe to assume that it's more likely the bias will skew the data towards higher salaries.

legalese_retard

Bronze

Post by legalese_retard » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:27 pm

What irritates me about this article is that the misconception about lawyers and salaries will be read by lay-people who will continue to assume that all lawyers are rich or even middle-class. I'm sick of people assuming that I am rich because I am a lawyer and work in a law firm. With all my law school debt, I am worse off than most folks with only high school diplomas.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:10 pm

legalese_retard wrote:What irritates me about this article is that the misconception about lawyers and salaries will be read by lay-people who will continue to assume that all lawyers are rich or even middle-class. I'm sick of people assuming that I am rich because I am a lawyer and work in a law firm. With all my law school debt, I am worse off than most folks with only high school diplomas.
Just find a part time lawyer job dood - easy 75k

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:54 pm

swheat wrote:
legalese_retard wrote:What irritates me about this article is that the misconception about lawyers and salaries will be read by lay-people who will continue to assume that all lawyers are rich or even middle-class. I'm sick of people assuming that I am rich because I am a lawyer and work in a law firm. With all my law school debt, I am worse off than most folks with only high school diplomas.
Just find a part time lawyer job dood - easy 75k
That is my plan, and I can work as a chimney sweep with all that spare time to help pay off my debt. Its easy, when you go into OCI just tell the firms that you are interested in their part time associate option :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”