Government option Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Government option

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:08 pm

What does anyone know about the Office of Civil Rights at federal agencies like Dept. of Transportation or Dept. of Education? do they have good positions for attorneys?

MC Southstar

Silver

Re: Government option

Post by MC Southstar » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:09 pm

ew DOT

USAIRS

Bronze

Re: Government option

Post by USAIRS » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:58 pm

I don't know about OCR. I knew someone who interned for the DOE first summer and really liked it. Both of them sound like some would-be academics dream job, because CR law and Education law are popular for people who come into law school idealistic about teaching.

No personal experience with DOT, but I wouldn't "ew" it off right away. I'd guess they deal with eminent domain, for one, which is actually a pretty happening area of law. There are definitely plenty of market-paying, midsize and small firms, doing ED law, which is basically property law and litigation involving valuation, highest-and-best use, etc.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”