Kirkland & Ellis LA Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Kirkland & Ellis LA

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:41 pm

Anyone who finished a call-back with K&E in Los Angeles hear back from them yet about offers?

Anonymous User

Re: Kirkland & Ellis LA

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Rumor is that K&E will be extending offers in NYC next Friday. Not sure if LA will be the same.

gollymolly

Bronze

Post by gollymolly » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:58 pm

Last edited by gollymolly on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:07 pm

Any news on when Kirkland DC is giving offers? (Have they already?)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:11 pm

Kirkland SF has started giving out offers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:02 pm

For all you Kirkland LA hopefuls... the office is in big trouble. theyve gone from 120 lawyers to around 75 in the past year, due to people leaving, not layoffs. they're lost their bankruptcy practice. they are in trouble of completely shutting down or becoming a small boutique office.

I have no stake in this as I am aiming for a different market, but I have heard this firsthand from three unique partners who have recently left KE los angeles. Listen, if KE is someone's only choice in LA, obviously take it - but if you have other options, it would be wise to look past the "V10 prestige," which is generated entirely by the NYC and Chi offices, and think long and hard about taking other offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:00 pm

Is it worse that people are leaving as opposed to getting fired? Where did you get this information about going from 120 to 75 and losing their bankruptcy practice? You really think they are at risk of becoming a small boutique office? How many attorneys do you need for a small boutique, 15-20?

I'm sorry, but I'd rather get cought up in the V10 prestige then listen to hearsay from an anomymous poster on TLS.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:12 pm

a K&E chicago tax partner i spoke to at a firm reception months ago told me to stay away from K&E LA. i guess he knew what he was talking about.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:15 pm

I'm not telling you to listen to me - its just a public service announcement.

In terms of losing the BK practice - I was told that by a KE partner, during my interview with them. You are welcome to call and ask them if they do BK work - I guarantee you they say no. You don't have to believe me, but why would I make this up.

In terms of losing people and being in danger of failing, I heard this from 3 partners at two different law firms, as well as one associate, who had previously been at KE, and left. Once again, you dont need to listen to me, I'm just telling what I know. I was also told, more generically, that KE Los Angeles is "in big trouble" by a partner at a different firm, who, although he hasn't practiced at KE, has been in Los Angeles bankruptcy law for over two decades.

Don't get all defensive. I'm just trying to help people make informed decisions, as other people have helped me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Bump. Any news?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”