Afternoon Callback - Dinner? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Afternoon Callback - Dinner?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:27 am

All my callbacks (except one) are in the morning and most have asked if I'm interested in having lunch with some associates. I have one callback that starts at 2:15pm. Should I expect to be having dinner with associates after my callback?

Anonymous User

Re: Afternoon Callback - Dinner?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:All my callbacks (except one) are in the morning and most have asked if I'm interested in having lunch with some associates. I have one callback that starts at 2:15pm. Should I expect to be having dinner with associates after my callback?
I think dinners are rare. I've heard of them, but none of my afternoon callbacks included dinners.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:49 am

I've done dinner for both my callbacks thusfar. I think most places like to take you out for at least one meal. Ask your recruiting contact.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:55 am

I had a firm take me for cocktails when I had an afternoon interview. One firm I interviewed with tries to take everyone from out of town to dinner as well as lunch. I interviewed last year though, so things may be different this year. One firm didn't take me, or some of my classmates for any meal during a callback, and this was before the economy tanked. Although it was a good lesson that one should never expect or feel entitled to anything, it did seem strange that the firm would buck the trend of every other firm, large or small, that I interviewed with. It kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially since the firm was medium to large depending on perspective, but definitely not small.

Roth Mantel

New

Post by Roth Mantel » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:41 pm

None of my afternoon callbacks have had a meal included so far; they have all been 4-5 interviews and done. I have a full day callback this week that includes two meals, though.

FrankReynolds

Bronze

Post by FrankReynolds » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Although it was a good lesson that one should never expect or feel entitled to anything, it did seem strange that the firm would buck the trend of every other firm, large or small, that I interviewed with.
would be interesting to know how the firm is doing. if it is not one of the firms with low offer rights and lots of layoffs, maybe they were doing the right thing after all!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”