Quick Question about reaching Partnership... Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BRArk2

New

Quick Question about reaching Partnership...

Post by BRArk2 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:12 pm

If I work in a NLJ250 Law Firm (ranked btw 150-220) in an office that says it's "Partnership Track" is 7 years... what are my chances of actually landing that partnership? And, just through estimate, how much more is the annual salary? The starting associate is 110K...

Also, if I don't get the partnership, am I fired? Like, is that it? Do they really practice the "Up or Out" method?

I know it's all speculation, I just have no clue what I might be getting myself into.

Thanks!

reasonable_man

Gold

Re: Quick Question about reaching Partnership...

Post by reasonable_man » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:20 am

BRArk2 wrote:If I work in a NLJ250 Law Firm (ranked btw 150-220) in an office that says it's "Partnership Track" is 7 years... what are my chances of actually landing that partnership? And, just through estimate, how much more is the annual salary? The starting associate is 110K...

Also, if I don't get the partnership, am I fired? Like, is that it? Do they really practice the "Up or Out" method?

I know it's all speculation, I just have no clue what I might be getting myself into.

Thanks!

reasonable_man

Gold

Re: Quick Question about reaching Partnership...

Post by reasonable_man » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:51 am

reasonable_man wrote:
BRArk2 wrote:If I work in a NLJ250 Law Firm (ranked btw 150-220) in an office that says it's "Partnership Track" is 7 years... what are my chances of actually landing that partnership? And, just through estimate, how much more is the annual salary? The starting associate is 110K...

Thanks!
Shit.. I forgot to carry the one... TCR is 2.5721

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”