OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Gold

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by 20130312 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 am

Going to a 1L judicial internship interview. Suit is the only credited option, yes?

Lincoln

Silver

Post by Lincoln » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:30 am

InGoodFaith wrote:Going to a 1L judicial internship interview. Suit is the only credited option, yes?
Yes, unless told otherwise.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Lincoln wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:Going to a 1L judicial internship interview. Suit is the only credited option, yes?
I lol'd at your avatar.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:54 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Lincoln wrote:
I lol'd at your avatar.
Same. And thanks Lincoln.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:42 am

Hope I don't get chewed out for posting here as a 0L but I may have to do an internship this summer and am in the market for a suit. There's a 75% off store closing sale at a hickey freeman downtown and most of the suits are running at 300-400 after the discount. Would it be worth it to get one of these or just hit up NR/Macy's/Bob etc? Thanjs

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:43 am

poof
Last edited by Rahviveh on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 am

That's a good price for Hickey Freeman. Make sure you get a suit pursuant to the standards here so you are set for law school next fall too: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 0&t=173475

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:21 am

basilseal wrote:
chrisbru wrote:
JRustle wrote: I would say no, unless TX is different from everywhere else; these are a bit informal. Go with black cap toes.
Are black shoes/belt fine to wear with a navy suit? I just got two navy suits from the BB sale, and was going to pick up some burgundy cap toes with matching belt, but would love to save the money (for now) if I can get away with black.
Naval officers do it all the time.
I laughed when I read this. I've been in the Navy for almost twenty years, and I would still swear on a stack of bibles that my "Service Dress Blues" are really black. I'm afraid that when it comes time for OCI, my wife is going to have to dress me (or at least double-check my choices).

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:58 am

ScottRiqui wrote: I laughed when I read this. I've been in the Navy for almost twenty years, and I would still swear on a stack of bibles that my "Service Dress Blues" are really black. I'm afraid that when it comes time for OCI, my wife is going to have to dress me (or at least double-check my choices).
This is what I'm worried about... I'm not talking midnight navy that looks black, I'm talking navy that looks navy. Not for OCI's or anything, just for when I need to wear a suit to work.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:54 am

Thoughts on these? Worth $100?

http://www.zappos.com/bostonian-akron-burgundy-leather

Edit: Keeping in mind that these will not be an everyday shoe. Probably only worn a couple times a month.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:07 pm

chrisbru wrote:Thoughts on these? Worth $100?

Edit: Keeping in mind that these will not be an everyday shoe. Probably only worn a couple times a month.
No. You can get these for about 70 and they are probably worth that. See, ex: --LinkRemoved--

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Style is perfect. Sole looks durable. Upper seems a tad questionable, but all of the positive reviews are very comforting. If you aren't in the market for a pair of Allen Edmonds Park Avenues and not wanting to shell out an extra 50 or 100 for Cole Haan's I would buy them.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Just wanted to point out that the sole only LOOKS like leather. It's actually rubber. Nice try, Bostonians.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:23 pm

LeDique wrote:

No. You can get these for about 70 and they are probably worth that. See, ex: --LinkRemoved--
Thanks for pointing that out!

Sole isn't real leather? Hm... That's annoying. Maybe I will spend some extra for Cole Haan's. I really like Johnston & Murphy but haven't found an affordable cap-toe burgundy yet...

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:25 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:Just wanted to point out that the sole only LOOKS like leather. It's actually rubber. Nice try, Bostonians.
Yeah, but it looks a lot better than shoes with actual rubber soles. I posted pictures of those soles v my AEs earlier ITT.

Why do you want a burgundy captoe anyway?

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:30 pm

When are the best sales at the most credited clothing stores?

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:30 pm

LeDique wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:Just wanted to point out that the sole only LOOKS like leather. It's actually rubber. Nice try, Bostonians.
Yeah, but it looks a lot better than shoes with actual rubber soles. I posted pictures of those soles v my AEs earlier ITT.

Because I'm still not comfortable wearing black shoes with navy, and I want a conservative shoe to wear. I'm not a big fan of wingtips.

Alternative idea... Used shoes, anyone had a bad experience? Found a pair of Cole Haan's for $40 on eBay that I want to snag, but something feels weird about buying used shoes.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:34 pm

Nova wrote:When are the best sales at the most credited clothing stores?
You've just missed the huge sale season, brother.
chrisbru wrote:
LeDique wrote:

Because I'm still not comfortable wearing black shoes with navy, and I want a conservative shoe to wear. I'm not a big fan of wingtips.

Alternative idea... Used shoes, anyone had a bad experience? Found a pair of Cole Haan's for $40 on eBay that I want to snag, but something feels weird about buying used shoes.
I bought almost all of my AEs used. I know some people find this weird but I don't, but I think if you're buying used, you should aim for higher quality than Cole Haan.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:37 pm

LeDique wrote:
chrisbru wrote: Alternative idea... Used shoes, anyone had a bad experience? Found a pair of Cole Haan's for $40 on eBay that I want to snag, but something feels weird about buying used shoes.
I bought almost all of my AEs used. I know some people find this weird but I don't, but I think if you're buying used, you should aim for higher quality than Cole Haan.
Yeah, hear ya... But all the Park Aves are being sold for people with abnormally narrow feet. Plus $40 is an awesome amount to pay for a shoe that I won't wear all the often but want to have available. This isn't like an interview shoe, I'm talking weddings, school simulations that we have to suit up for, and work on occasion.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 pm

chrisbru wrote:
LeDique wrote:
chrisbru wrote: Alternative idea... Used shoes, anyone had a bad experience? Found a pair of Cole Haan's for $40 on eBay that I want to snag, but something feels weird about buying used shoes.
Yeah, hear ya... But all the Park Aves are being sold for people with abnormally narrow feet. Plus $40 is an awesome amount to pay for a shoe that I won't wear all the often but want to have available. This isn't like an interview shoe, I'm talking weddings, school simulations that we have to suit up for, and work on occasion.
I wear a wide, and there's a decent enough selection. I see tons of D's that are awesome and it's a little annoying. But yeah, I understand what you want it for. I just think it's better to buy better quality used not only because they're simply better quality, but because as used, it's more likely they were well cared for previously and the upper will last longer/be in much better shape.

One other option: I think AE is having a seconds sale right now -- 50 off your first pair, 100 off a second -- if that catches your interest. Park Aves are usually 220? as seconds iirc, so they'd be 170 and 120.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:10 pm

LeDique wrote: I wear a wide, and there's a decent enough selection. I see tons of D's that are awesome and it's a little annoying. But yeah, I understand what you want it for. I just think it's better to buy better quality used not only because they're simply better quality, but because as used, it's more likely they were well cared for previously and the upper will last longer/be in much better shape.

One other option: I think AE is having a seconds sale right now -- 50 off your first pair, 100 off a second -- if that catches your interest. Park Aves are usually 220? as seconds iirc, so they'd be 170 and 120.
How do you get in on the seconds sale? I'd love to spend <$300 for black and burgundy pairs. My Johnston & Murphy black captoes are only about 6 months old, but it wouldn't hurt to have a second, better pair.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:11 pm

LeDique wrote:
FUUUUUUCK

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 pm

chrisbru wrote:
LeDique wrote: I wear a wide, and there's a decent enough selection. I see tons of D's that are awesome and it's a little annoying. But yeah, I understand what you want it for. I just think it's better to buy better quality used not only because they're simply better quality, but because as used, it's more likely they were well cared for previously and the upper will last longer/be in much better shape.

How do you get in on the seconds sale? I'd love to spend <$300 for black and burgundy pairs. My Johnston & Murphy black captoes are only about 6 months old, but it wouldn't hurt to have a second, better pair.
You call or email one of the outlets for a list of their stock: "To order, call Allen Edmonds’ “Shoe Back at the Factory” store in Port Washington, Wisconsin. Their number is (262) 284-7158. You can also try the Galleria West location in Brookfield, Wisconsin, at (262) 785-6666 or email them at brookfield@allenedmonds.com"

I emailed them for a list of things one time before, it took like a day for them to get back to me.

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 pm

LeDique wrote:
Whens the next one?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:53 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
LeDique wrote:
Whens the next one?
Depends what you're shopping for. Change of seasons are good. Mid-summer is also good.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”