OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Flips88

Diamond
Posts: 15246
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Flips88 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:50 am

TTRansfer wrote: My feet are stupid large, so if these look like clown shoes then it's because they essentially are.
Question: how stupid large and where were you able to buy them?

User avatar
Blumpbeef

Gold
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Blumpbeef » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:Incoming 1L that's looking to expand my professional attire.

I just purchased a BB 1818 Fitz navy on megasale-40% off.

I have literally nothing else but a couple of alfani dress shirts. Suggestions?

I heard people talking about blazers for business casual? Necessity?

Thanks!
His did you get that 1818?

Anonymous User
Posts: 350999
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:43 pm

I'm about 5'6". What's the thinnest tie I can wear while still looking conservative? I find that normal ties look a bit too wide on me. Also, what's the most favored knot for OCI? Lastly, given my shorter/very slim stature, does anyone know of a good shoe style to go with? I'll be wearing everything with a custom suit which is tailored to be very thin/pretty modern fit. Thanks!

pballer

Bronze
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by pballer » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Half-Windsor seems like the play

Anonymous User
Posts: 350999
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm about 5'6". What's the thinnest tie I can wear while still looking conservative? I find that normal ties look a bit too wide on me. Also, what's the most favored knot for OCI? Lastly, given my shorter/very slim stature, does anyone know of a good shoe style to go with? I'll be wearing everything with a custom suit which is tailored to be very thin/pretty modern fit. Thanks!
I'm the same size, usually wear jcrew 2-3/4 in ties and they in no way look like skinny ties. I know what you're saying, normal ties just look too big if you have a smaller frame.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


marmot8

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:19 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by marmot8 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm

anyone have any experience with the BB "Suiting Essentials" line...the gentleman at the store recommended it for me since I have wider shoulders but a relatively small waist so the normal suit pants would have to be tailored too much, in his opinion. Also, can't beat the price with the sale (all in for about $420 until Tuesday).

WODKilla123

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by WODKilla123 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:16 pm

Is this suit credited for OCI?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProd ... size=#null

It's listed as grey but Brooks Brothers doesn't have anything listed as "charcoal" for there 1818 line.

User avatar
20130312

Gold
Posts: 3814
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by 20130312 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:21 pm

WODKilla123 wrote:Is this suit credited for OCI?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProd ... size=#null

It's listed as grey but Brooks Brothers doesn't have anything listed as "charcoal" for there 1818 line.
Looks dark enough online, should be good to go if it looks like that in person.

WODKilla123

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by WODKilla123 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:27 pm

their*

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
Stringer6

Platinum
Posts: 5919
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Stringer6 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:58 pm

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes ... oduct.html

so a suit that color grey isn't appropriate for OCI? really?

ruski

Bronze
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:45 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by ruski » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Stringer6 wrote:http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes ... oduct.html

so a suit that color grey isn't appropriate for OCI? really?
no, buying a 91 dollar suit isn't inappropriate for oci

User avatar
Stringer6

Platinum
Posts: 5919
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Stringer6 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:19 pm

ruski wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes ... oduct.html

so a suit that color grey isn't appropriate for OCI? really?
no, buying a 91 dollar suit isn't inappropriate for oci
dickhead on purpose or just can't read?

ruski

Bronze
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:45 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by ruski » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Stringer6 wrote:
ruski wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes ... oduct.html

so a suit that color grey isn't appropriate for OCI? really?
no, buying a 91 dollar suit isn't inappropriate for oci
dickhead on purpose or just can't read?
didn't realize you were just using the photo as an example. thought u actually wanted to buy that suit.

conventional wisdom is that color is fine, if you already own it. but if ur shopping for suits might as well just go for a traditional charcoal. i've worn lighter greys to interviews and still gotten offers.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


marmot8

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:19 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by marmot8 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:28 pm

ruski wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:
ruski wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes ... oduct.html

so a suit that color grey isn't appropriate for OCI? really?
no, buying a 91 dollar suit isn't inappropriate for oci
dickhead on purpose or just can't read?
didn't realize you were just using the photo as an example. thought u actually wanted to buy that suit.

conventional wisdom is that color is fine, if you already own it. but if ur shopping for suits might as well just go for a traditional charcoal. i've worn lighter greys to interviews and still gotten offers.
traditional charcoal or plain navy?

Should I Transfer??

Bronze
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Should I Transfer?? » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm about 5'6". What's the thinnest tie I can wear while still looking conservative? I find that normal ties look a bit too wide on me. Also, what's the most favored knot for OCI? Lastly, given my shorter/very slim stature, does anyone know of a good shoe style to go with? I'll be wearing everything with a custom suit which is tailored to be very thin/pretty modern fit. Thanks!
I would say 2.75 is the thinnest tie you should go with.

If you're concerned that the tie is too wide, you shouldn't go with a half-Windsor as it is a thicker knot. Go with the standard four in hand.

I am a little confused about your question relating to shoes. I would just go with standard shoes. I wouldn't get anything with a heel any larger/taller than normal, as it looks odd imo.

Regarding your suit, I would just double check with someone that it is appropriate. Extremely fitted suits would look quite out of place at OCI (again, IMO).

Should I Transfer??

Bronze
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Should I Transfer?? » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:38 pm

marmot8 wrote:anyone have any experience with the BB "Suiting Essentials" line...the gentleman at the store recommended it for me since I have wider shoulders but a relatively small waist so the normal suit pants would have to be tailored too much, in his opinion. Also, can't beat the price with the sale (all in for about $420 until Tuesday).
I own a "BrooksEase" suit which, I believe, has been mostly replaced by the Suiting Essentials line. I like my suit. The Suiting Essentials suits are supposed to be a slightly better fabric and they are also a slightly slimmer fit (which will work well for your frame it sounds like). I'd say you can't go wrong for $420. But, you may also want to consider shelling out a little more for an 1818 suit, which will last you longer and is better quality construction.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350999
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Does brooks brothers even have a charcoal suit in their 1818 line? Only think for their fitzgerald is "grey.".

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


marmot8

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:19 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by marmot8 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does brooks brothers even have a charcoal suit in their 1818 line? Only think for their fitzgerald is "grey.".
They do in the suiting essentials. I'd prefer to get a charcoal but think of navy as more traditional.

WODKilla123

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by WODKilla123 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 pm

Is the during essentials 100% wool. I'd rather just get a 1818 because it's more durable and looks a bit nicer to be. Problem is the share of grey might not be dark enough for OCI purposes. They have "charcoal" for their gaberdine trousers but all 1818 suits are listed only as "grey.". :(


User avatar
Broseidon

Gold
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Broseidon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:28 pm

TrojanHopeful wrote:Is this too light?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ted-baker-l ... naNtGXomWw
Not at all.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
TrojanHopeful

Bronze
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:37 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by TrojanHopeful » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Broseidon wrote:
TrojanHopeful wrote:Is this too light?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ted-baker-l ... naNtGXomWw
Not at all.
Awesome. Thanks.


Should I Transfer??

Bronze
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Should I Transfer?? » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Yes, that grey is appropriate.

fingersxd

Silver
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by fingersxd » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 pm

I've never before bought used shoes, but I've seen suggestions to do so throughout the thread so now I'm considering it.

What's considered a good price for:

AE Parks: New / Used
AE: 5th Ave: New / Used
AE: Cliftons: New / Used

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”