OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
theavrock

Silver

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by theavrock » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:42 pm

kaiser wrote:Thin pinstripe is fine. Just don't make it too thick or gaudy. You don't want to look like something out of a gangster movie. But absolutely a thin pinstripe is acceptable.
Would I be pushing the bounds if I pair the thin pinstripe navy suit with a dark burgundy wingtip? I feel like it would look much better, but I know that black is the "conservative" interview standard.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:54 pm

theavrock wrote:
kaiser wrote:Thin pinstripe is fine. Just don't make it too thick or gaudy. You don't want to look like something out of a gangster movie. But absolutely a thin pinstripe is acceptable.
Would I be pushing the bounds if I pair the thin pinstripe navy suit with a dark burgundy wingtip? I feel like it would look much better, but I know that black is the "conservative" interview standard.
Im sure it would look totally fine. One thing I realized over the past 2 months is that no one cares what style of shoe, what color tie, etc. So long as you look neat, presentable, and not too flashy, it wont make one bit of a difference. The shoes you describe sound like they are most certainty acceptable interview-wear

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:17 pm

2 shirts for $109 at BB right now. For those who shop at BB more frequently, do shirt sales get much better than this?

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:42 pm

traehekat wrote:2 shirts for $109 at BB right now. For those who shop at BB more frequently, do shirt sales get much better than this?
I think I've had three for $120, but go for it if you need them.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:16 pm

T.M. Lewin versus Charles Tyrwhitt.

Someone educate me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Buy 1 get 2 suits at Macy's today.... Just a thought.

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:00 pm

NoleinNY wrote:Buy 1 get 2 suits at Macy's today.... Just a thought.
Wait, is that only today? damn.

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:05 pm

thelawyler wrote:
To echo the advice of this thread. Avoid Macy's. Jos a bank does similar sales all the time. Like literally at least once a month.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:14 pm

top30man wrote:
thelawyler wrote:
To echo the advice of this thread. Avoid Macy's. Jos a bank does similar sales all the time. Like literally at least once a month.
and JAB is not good, unless you want to look like you're 40 and with no sense of style or fit

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:24 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
top30man wrote:
thelawyler wrote:
and JAB is not good, unless you want to look like you're 40 and with no sense of style or fit
I prefer BB but jab for the price is a deal vs Macy's. What would you recommend?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:14 pm

JAB has 3 for 1 today. They will sell you 2 for 2/3 of the price. Of course the price is inflated but it is a good deal. I think you can also get free shirts and ties.

nymario

Bronze

Post by nymario » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Yesterday was the day for BB -- I picked up 2 suits and 4 shirts for just over $1000 -- 40% off this week + 20% off boxing day + 15% off for signing up for the BB Mastercard -- and I'll get $40 in gift cards back as well. I'd been waiting on the sale all semester (especially since I'll need to be in a suit every day this spring, and I had only 2 suits that really fit me).

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:53 pm

nymario wrote:Yesterday was the day for BB -- I picked up 2 suits and 4 shirts for just over $1000 -- 40% off this week + 20% off boxing day + 15% off for signing up for the BB Mastercard -- and I'll get $40 in gift cards back as well. I'd been waiting on the sale all semester (especially since I'll need to be in a suit every day this spring, and I had only 2 suits that really fit me).
Well played. I did something similar last year. It was a good idea.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:26 pm

nymario wrote:Yesterday was the day for BB -- I picked up 2 suits and 4 shirts for just over $1000 -- 40% off this week + 20% off boxing day + 15% off for signing up for the BB Mastercard -- and I'll get $40 in gift cards back as well. I'd been waiting on the sale all semester (especially since I'll need to be in a suit every day this spring, and I had only 2 suits that really fit me).
Yeah, I got 7 shirts for $327. Not bad, though I wish I had known my Discover card gave 5% cashback.

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:36 pm

My spring externship is going to require me to buy a few more nice shirts and one or two new slacks. I currently have a white Modena slim-fit and a solid blue Express 1MX shirt, and a pair of grey Express photographer pants. Anyplace have really good deals going on currently or in the very near future?

pre-med person

New

Post by pre-med person » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Is a pocket square like this to casual of an accessory for a court of law? someone educate me.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProd ... ctionsize=#

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:11 pm

2 new suits from BB yesterday, best sale ever!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:56 pm

thegrayman wrote:2 new suits from BB yesterday, best sale ever!
is this sale still going on? ive been getting the emails and it looks like it goes to the 4th, right?

edit: nvm, additional 20% was 25th and 26th. lame

edit again: wait, does it START on 26th for online and in-store? WHAT IS HAPPENING.

MOTHER FUCKING EDIT: yeah... it ended 26th :(

leobowski

Silver

Post by leobowski » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:30 pm

pre-med person wrote:Is a pocket square like this to casual of an accessory for a court of law? someone educate me.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProd ... ctionsize=#

Pocket squares are generally a no-no for legal attire. They are fine for other dressy events outside of court or the ol' 9-5. If you feel the need to accessorize, pick up a nice watch.

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:11 pm

What's all this about jos a banks not being as good as bb? I was thinking about hitting up their 70% off suits today.

Related note, I'm going for dark navy. Does the specific color of brown shoe I get to go with it matter too much? I'm sure they'll suggest something but I don't always trust their judgment.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:15 pm

0LNewbie wrote:What's all this about jos a banks not being as good as bb? I was thinking about hitting up their 70% off suits today.

Related note, I'm going for dark navy. Does the specific color of brown shoe I get to go with it matter too much? I'm sure they'll suggest something but I don't always trust their judgment.
Joseph A. Bank has great prices at times, but their off the rack suits cant match the quality and craftsmanship of BB.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:18 pm

0LNewbie wrote:What's all this about jos a banks not being as good as bb? I was thinking about hitting up their 70% off suits today.

Is Jos A Bank ever not having a >50% sale on at least one type of their clothing?

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:21 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

Is Jos A Bank ever not having a >50% sale on at least one type of their clothing?
Haha this. They do sales all the time. I'd wait for the big sales. Look for the deal of the day if you only want one suit. In the last two weeks they have featured suits for cheaper than the current sale, including trios for 130 and signature suits for 170.

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:48 pm

Yeah, right now JAB is having buy one suit, get 2 suits, two shirts, and two ties free.

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:21 pm

NoleinNY wrote:Yeah, right now JAB is having buy one suit, get 2 suits, two shirts, and two ties free.
Really? Does it vary by region? The thing I reported was from their website.

Except now I'm being made to question whether I should be purchasing from there at all.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”