SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:42 pm

I just got an invitation to interview today and I'm quite excited. Applied the end of december and accepted to a few T6 schools.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody

Silver
Posts: 865
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Mr. Somebody » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Just got my interview request, super excited :mrgreen:

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Applied 2/14, interview email today 2/27!

User avatar
JustE

Silver
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by JustE » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Interview email here as well. I'm a little upset it will be on Skype, but I'll make it work. Anyone that did a Skype interview have any advice?

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Sounds like an interview email batch went out. No interview email here. Applied in Feb 14. Should I be worried? In at two Top 10s.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
JAJAcinco

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by JAJAcinco » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:58 pm

interview email received. given the choice between in-person and skype, i would think in-person would be preferable. do any SEO vets think otherwise?

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:15 pm

JustE wrote:Interview email here as well. I'm a little upset it will be on Skype, but I'll make it work. Anyone that did a Skype interview have any advice?

Did Skype interview a couple of weeks back. Everything was pretty straight forward. They did try to distract me while I read the case study, though. I put my hand on the computer screen to block them out while I read.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 pm

I don't believe the staff would try to distract you during your case study :?

(Alum)

shbe0701

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by shbe0701 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:19 am

.
Last edited by shbe0701 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
JustE wrote:Interview email here as well. I'm a little upset it will be on Skype, but I'll make it work. Anyone that did a Skype interview have any advice?

Did Skype interview a couple of weeks back. Everything was pretty straight forward. They did try to distract me while I read the case study, though. I put my hand on the computer screen to block them out while I read.
Another alum here. This doesn't seem accurate. It probably wasn't intentional.

User avatar
mcenteno

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by mcenteno » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:52 am

JustE wrote:Interview email here as well. I'm a little upset it will be on Skype, but I'll make it work. Anyone that did a Skype interview have any advice?
Yeah, I saw no available slots for LA! I had to pick a Skype interview :P Would have rather done it in person

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Sounds like an interview email batch went out. No interview email here. Applied in Feb 14. Should I be worried? In at two Top 10s.
+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:04 am

Had my interview about a month ago and was getting worried with no response, then received an email Monday asking for my official transcript to be sent (which I had already done a month ago). I ended up just sending a second one, but now I'm worried this one won't get there either. Would it be inappropriate to send an email at some point asking for confirmation that they've received it?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


shbe0701

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by shbe0701 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:39 am

My highest ranked acceptance is UCLA so far...

Do you guys think its worth it to pay $300 for airfare to do an in-person interview, or should I just go with the skype interview since my chances according to this thread aren't that great to begin with?

parebare23

Bronze
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:06 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by parebare23 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had my interview about a month ago and was getting worried with no response, then received an email Monday asking for my official transcript to be sent (which I had already done a month ago). I ended up just sending a second one, but now I'm worried this one won't get there either. Would it be inappropriate to send an email at some point asking for confirmation that they've received it?
I received the same email monday in regards to my transcript and LOR. LOR was sent in over a week prior so on Tuesday I just responded with a short email inquiring about my LOR to see if they had received it and they had. Didn't seem to be a problem so I would definitely follow up.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:04 pm

How long after you submit your deposit, transcript, and LOR do you hear back from SEO? Is the initial follow up an acceptance, another interview, etc.?

And where did most people live? Were there any commuters (Long Island or NJ for NYC for example)

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Had my interview today. Didn't seem as bad as most people made it seem. I think everyone will be fine if they review the questions listed earlier in this thread.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
mcenteno

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by mcenteno » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:08 pm

I'm in LA and had my interview over Skype today! It was definitely tougher than your typical interview but nothing unexpected. Keeping my fingers crossed. Anyone know when we should expect a response from them? I hear it can vary a lot

lizzard209

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by lizzard209 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Good luck to everyone applying. So shameless plug...

If any SEO NYC interns are looking for a great furnished room to sublet over the summer, message me! I have a great room part of Columbia U housing that is available as of mid-May. $1100/month covers everything -- utilities and internet service. FEMALES only -- school policy.

SEO alum here, so happy to respond to any private messages about the program, but especially about this ad. :) Thanks!

User avatar
mcenteno

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by mcenteno » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:22 pm

shbe0701 wrote:My highest ranked acceptance is UCLA so far...

Do you guys think its worth it to pay $300 for airfare to do an in-person interview, or should I just go with the skype interview since my chances according to this thread aren't that great to begin with?
Go with Skype. I had a Skype interview last week and everything went great. It's not worth $300 to be in person when you get pretty much the same experience for free over Skype.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:19 pm

.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:Had my interview today. Didn't seem as bad as most people made it seem. I think everyone will be fine if they review the questions listed earlier in this thread.
I reviewed the entire thread and couldn't find this list of questions. Could anyone please link or repost them? Thanks

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 am

If you haven't received an interview invite by now, is it reasonable to assume you won't be getting one? I received another job offer and the deadline to respond is approaching. SEO is my first choice, but I don't want to end up with nothing for the summer. It seems like the least they could do is e-mail you when you're rejected so you have ample time to find other employment.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you haven't received an interview invite by now, is it reasonable to assume you won't be getting one? I received another job offer and the deadline to respond is approaching. SEO is my first choice, but I don't want to end up with nothing for the summer. It seems like the least they could do is e-mail you when you're rejected so you have ample time to find other employment.
You need to call them and ask them about this yourself. Let them know about your other deadlines and when you need an absolute answer by. It won't affect your decision. I had the same dilemma last year (and I got my interview invite in early Feb.), but they rushed my decision to get back to me before the other place I could've worked for the summer.

Communication is extremely important with all parties. If you were rejected, they would've told you so.

Anonymous User
Posts: 350705
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If you haven't received an interview invite by now, is it reasonable to assume you won't be getting one? I received another job offer and the deadline to respond is approaching. SEO is my first choice, but I don't want to end up with nothing for the summer. It seems like the least they could do is e-mail you when you're rejected so you have ample time to find other employment.
You need to call them and ask them about this yourself. Let them know about your other deadlines and when you need an absolute answer by. It won't affect your decision. I had the same dilemma last year (and I got my interview invite in early Feb.), but they rushed my decision to get back to me before the other place I could've worked for the summer.

Communication is extremely important with all parties. If you were rejected, they would've told you so.
LAST YEAR....I had 2 interviews and got my rejection on TLS. A SEO accepted student posted on this site that SEO told him to post that those who had not received a reply have not been accepted to the program (this occurred late April/early May). I couldn't believe what I read. TLS then quickly had that post removed. I am currently a 1L and thought that the rejection process was handled poorly.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”