SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What advice is there as to what city you apply to. For example it seems that NYC and DC would be the most applicant heavy locations. Is it smart to apply there and hope that you if you don't get selected for one of those you might get an offer from LA, SF, or Houston, for example? Or should you shoot straight for one of the potentially less applied to markets with a (hopefully) better shot?
The smaller markets are harder to get because there are fewer spots, and they are no less popular. I don't think anyone was in California this summer without connections to it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Bump. Anyone else applying this year? I intend on applying as soon as I receive my October LSAT score.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What advice is there as to what city you apply to. For example it seems that NYC and DC would be the most applicant heavy locations. Is it smart to apply there and hope that you if you don't get selected for one of those you might get an offer from LA, SF, or Houston, for example? Or should you shoot straight for one of the potentially less applied to markets with a (hopefully) better shot?
The smaller markets are harder to get because there are fewer spots, and they are no less popular. I don't think anyone was in California this summer without connections to it.
Seriously? That changed from my year. They were trying to get anyone to go to California. I was offered CA before I was offered NYC. This was a few years back though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Seriously? That changed from my year. They were trying to get anyone to go to California. I was offered CA before I was offered NYC. This was a few years back though.
Yeah. Last summer I interviewed twice for California, but ultimately got accepted to NY.

Florida316

New

Post by Florida316 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:58 pm

Is anyone applying for the round deadline? I am submitting my app.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mick234

New

Post by mick234 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Anyone else get an invite to the webinar tomorrow?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:43 am

Anyone have problems trying to reserve a time slot for the interview??? There is no availability in most of the locations, including my desired location. I am trying to interview in-person. :?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have problems trying to reserve a time slot for the interview??? There is no availability in most of the locations, including my desired location. I am trying to interview in-person. :?
I don't think anyone from last summer interviewed in-person. That option may be dead, although I'm not 100% on that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have problems trying to reserve a time slot for the interview??? There is no availability in most of the locations, including my desired location. I am trying to interview in-person. :?
I don't think anyone from last summer interviewed in-person. That option may be dead, although I'm not 100% on that.
Wow. Even Skype slots are not open on my end. The earliest available is tomorrow. I had just received the invite today.

Perhaps I may need to travel and interview outside of the location I am interviewing for?

ETA: I decided to travel to another city for my interview. A few slots just opened up. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sassybassy

New

Post by sassybassy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:05 pm

What are people doing to prep for the interview? Does anyone know what they want you to know about their partner firms?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Do SEO firms give benefits to those chosen?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do SEO firms give benefits to those chosen?
What do you mean?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
What do you mean?
I mean health, vision, etc..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
What do you mean?
No. It's not a salaried position, just a paid internship.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
What do you mean?
Oh okay, got it. Well that's definitely something to consider for those of us with current salaried positions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Oh okay, got it. Well that's definitely something to consider for those of us with current salaried positions.
Yes, true, but I am willing to leave my salaried position with bonus and other corporate perks for the experience. SEO opens so many doors for those of us interested in pursuing a career in corporate law. It's worth it for me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:00 am

I'm still on my parents insurance, so I don't really know the thought process for someone giving up coverage, but SEO will change your post-law school employment prospects. If you do the program the way they advise, and get decent grades, BigLaw can turn into a near certainty. The program takes care of its own.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What do you mean?
Oh okay, got it. Well that's definitely something to consider for those of us with current salaried positions.[/quote]

Lol. You're about to give up your salaried position for law school, but you can't give it up 3 months early to capitalize on your law school experience?

ktatl14

New

Post by ktatl14 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:31 pm

How long did it take you guys to hear back after you submitted your app?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:43 pm

ktatl14 wrote:How long did it take you guys to hear back after you submitted your app?
5 days.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Lol. You're about to give up your salaried position for law school, but you can't give it up 3 months early to capitalize on your law school experience?
Seriously. I'd have to say that someone obviously doesn't understand the magnitude of the doors SEO opens. I was part of last year's class and I've gotten more perks than I would have imagined already. (In fact I got more perks than I would have imagined by the fifth week into the program, come to think of it). Unless you somehow end up with ebola or something during the couple of weeks of not having health insurance, SEO is completely worth it. And just test your eyes before you leave your job if you're so worried about vision. That's what I did.

1L job interviews go much more smoothly by virtue of me knowing what I'm interested in and being able to speak intelligently about life in a law firm.

P.S. Buy catastrophic insurance if you're worried you may contract the bubonic plague during those few weeks.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Can any past participants that got Houston speak generally on their experience? Also, do most who get Houston matriculate to Texas?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can any past participants that got Houston speak generally on their experience? Also, do most who get Houston matriculate to Texas?
I wasn't in Houston but everyone who did the Houston program went to law school in Texas (though not necessarily UT). In fact, I know of someone who was planning to attend HYS and tried to get placed in Houston but was put in another city instead.

femmefatale

Bronze

Post by femmefatale » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:07 pm

Does SEO typically wait until you've received LS acceptances before they extend an interview?
Submitted my app last week shortly after submitting all of my LS apps.

ChuggaChuggaChooChoo

New

Post by ChuggaChuggaChooChoo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:08 pm

femmefatale wrote:Does SEO typically wait until you've received LS acceptances before they extend an interview?
Submitted my app last week shortly after submitting all of my LS apps.
I'm wondering this too

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”