SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

New

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by 112 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:14 pm

Does anyone know if the Recommendation has to come from a professor? Or can it be any recommendation that was submitted though LSAC?

Thanks!

EvMont

Bronze

Post by EvMont » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:22 pm

112 wrote:Does anyone know if the Recommendation has to come from a professor? Or can it be any recommendation that was submitted though LSAC?

Thanks!
It can be one of the ones you used for your LS apps. From what I know, it doesn't even need to be SEO specific. You can just submit the same exact one to SEO.

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Last edited by californiauser on Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:16 pm

californiauser wrote:does everyone go to orientation in NY or do they have them in your placement city?
Everyone goes to orientation in NY.

solucky

New

Post by solucky » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Should we contact SEO if we applied in mid-February and still haven't heard anything? I haven't interviewed yet, either.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:20 pm

solucky wrote:Should we contact SEO if we applied in mid-February and still haven't heard anything? I haven't interviewed yet, either.
I applied mid-February and heard back recently

do you have any t14 acceptances?

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
solucky wrote:Should we contact SEO if we applied in mid-February and still haven't heard anything? I haven't interviewed yet, either.

Heard back for an interview or with an offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:43 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

anon 1 above, heard back about an interview -- not an offer

solucky

New

Post by solucky » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

anon 1 above, heard back about an interview -- not an offer

I haven't heard back at all, not a peep. I did contact them in early March and I was told my application was in the "get back to" pile, whatever that means. I have been admitted to a T-6 and a T-14, although I've already deposited and decided on the "lower ranked" school due to geographic preference.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:34 pm

Never count yourself out, because you never know what could happen, but if you haven't heard anything by now, I would assume that you're not being considered.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Never count yourself out, because you never know what could happen, but if you haven't heard anything by now, I would assume that you're not being considered.
I don't think that's the case. If you look back itt you will find a few applicants who got interview invites in April.

Good luck

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:44 pm

Anyone know when we might start hearing back? I really need to know soon so I can give my current employer as much notice as possible.

solucky

New

Post by solucky » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Never count yourself out, because you never know what could happen, but if you haven't heard anything by now, I would assume that you're not being considered.
I don't think that's the case. If you look back itt you will find a few applicants who got interview invites in April.

Good luck
Thanks, all!

Good luck to everyone else also still waiting.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Good luck
I mean, I did say that you never know, but that's the exception, not the rule. SEO traditionally starts making its decisions in April.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Good luck
I mean, I did say that you never know, but that's the exception, not the rule. SEO traditionally starts making its decisions in April.
I thought folks didn't hear until late April? Wasn't it the concerns that people hear after deposit deadlines?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:31 pm

Last year, acceptances and rejections went out through all of April. The class was more or less finalized by the beginning of May (with a few additions after May 1). Orientation was at the end of May, so there's not a ton of time left.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:04 am

Any idea of chances from a lower t14 like Cornell? Given a good interview?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Black_Swan

Bronze

Post by Black_Swan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:49 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:
californiauser wrote:does everyone go to orientation in NY or do they have them in your placement city?
:shock: are u 100% sure about this?

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:27 am

Black_Swan wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:
Yes. Everyone goes to NY for orientation and the corporate law institute at the end of the summer.

As for chances from the bottom of the T14, no idea. Is it common? No. Does it happen? Sure. Last year, there was at least one person that I recall outside of the T14.

Peter Pan

New

Post by Peter Pan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:15 am

Black_Swan wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:

If it makes you feel better, I recall SEO making housing arrangements for out of state individuals for the final two weeks.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:34 am

Peter Pan wrote:
Black_Swan wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:

If it makes you feel better, I recall SEO making housing arrangements for out of state individuals for the final two weeks.
SEO takes care of housing/hotel arrangements for both orientation and the two-week institute at the end of the summer.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:37 pm

I am employed at an elite law firm and committed to a year. I am not employed in my target region. I have made a decent number of amazing connections/friends during my time here. I am a strong employee, but I am aware I've made several obvious errors during my time here due to carelessness.

I have applied to and interviewed for SEO. My SEO offer will be in my target region and school region. I have an interest in returning to this region ASAP due to a family member's health conditions.

1. Should I end my employment approx. 2 months early and accept my SEO offer (if I am given one)? Is this going to adversely impact my reputation with this firm? Will it matter if I do not plan to return (culture fit is questionable)?

2. I am interested in the SEO offer because I believe there's a strong possibility it will result in post-graduation employment. Since my current firm doesn't necessarily focus on the particular work I want to do, does it make sense to jump at the next opportunity that might provide access to the type of work I'm more interested in?

3. If I take the SEO offer, before even starting 1L, I would have two well-known firm names on my resume. Is it safe to assume this will make it easier to get a 1L SA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any idea of chances from a lower t14 like Cornell? Given a good interview?
Also curious about this

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any idea of chances from a lower t14 like Cornell? Given a good interview?
Also curious about this
This may seem weird, but my interview went really well, too. They asked me all of the basic questions I prepped for. I feel like even if you prepared for this interview for 15 minutes (by reading through the website) it would be pretty hard NOT to do well.

However, mine wasn't a stress interview at all. Not sure what to make of all this.

mandyjay11

Silver

Post by mandyjay11 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Also curious about this
This may seem weird, but my interview went really well, too. They asked me all of the basic questions I prepped for. I feel like even if you prepared for this interview for 15 minutes (by reading through the website) it would be pretty hard NOT to do well.

However, mine wasn't a stress interview at all. Not sure what to make of all this.
What do you mean a stress interview?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”