SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
txdude45

Silver

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by txdude45 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:can someone who's interviewed last cycle or this cycle post ITT so I can PM you about something?
Did you not read the prior posts? There are a number of ppl ITT who stated they were 2013, or 2012.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:38 am

txdude45 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:can someone who's interviewed last cycle or this cycle post ITT so I can PM you about something?
Did you not read the prior posts? There are a number of ppl ITT who stated they were 2013, or 2012.
<3

I didn't want to say it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:12 am

Anyone completely botch the article analysis? I stringed together coherent sentences but one of my answers was just factually wrong and the other wasn't based on the article (even if correct).

Anyone know whether CP the interviewer laughing is a good sign? At the end she gave me the instructions re: LOR and deposit w/o me asking, but she said she tells that to everyone

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone completely botch the article analysis? I stringed together coherent sentences but one of my answers was just factually wrong and the other wasn't based on the article (even if correct).

Anyone know whether CP the interviewer laughing is a good sign? At the end she gave me the instructions re: LOR and deposit w/o me asking, but she said she tells that to everyone
Yes. She told everyone the LOR and deposit thing

mikechukwu

New

Post by mikechukwu » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:07 am

In researching the partner firms, is there anything specific we should be looking at, or should just have a general feel of the firms practice areas?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

txdude45

Silver

Post by txdude45 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:45 pm

mikechukwu wrote:In researching the partner firms, is there anything specific we should be looking at, or should just have a general feel of the firms practice areas?
Just know enough to have an idea of why you'd want to work at one. You obviously can't know much, since websites are all advertising speak, but "I want to be a litigator and X firm just did ___" is good.

Also, know how to pronounce firm names. http://law.duke.edu/career/pronunciation/

solucky

New

Post by solucky » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:11 pm

at this point, if we submitted in mid-February, when is the latest that we should hear back for at least an interview? end of March?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:59 am

Please, can anyone tell me how long it takes for SEO to update profiles to reflect receipt of recommendation??

My recommender sent in their recommendation a few days ago and my SEO status has not been updated. Are recommendations sent via the career@seo email?? Should I be worried??

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Call if you're worried. SEO likely won't update your profile to note that it's received. Also keep in mind that they have a small staff and it can take them some time to get to everyone's applications.
Last edited by subtle on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:45 pm

subtle wrote:Call if you're worried. SEO likely won't update your profile to note that it's received. Also keep in mind that they have a small staff and i can take them some time to get to everyone's applications.
Thank you!! I did call and they couldn't confirm. All they said was that my online status would be updated once received. No updates as yet.

I think I will wait a few more weeks before I ask my recommender to resend.

solucky

New

Post by solucky » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:54 pm

any more movement for anyone?

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:41 pm

What's the dress code like for SEO interns?

txdude45

Silver

Post by txdude45 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:31 pm

t-14orbust wrote:What's the dress code like for SEO interns?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByC-7l ... sp=sharing

Keep in mind that this is the most conservative end of the spectrum at all levels of dress other than casual. On day 1, wear business formal no matter what the firm says the dress code is. Observe and match what you see. Don't stand out for being underdressed OR overdressed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:33 pm

txdude45 wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:What's the dress code like for SEO interns?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByC-7l ... sp=sharing

Keep in mind that this is the most conservative end of the spectrum at all levels of dress other than casual. On day 1, wear business formal no matter what the firm says the dress code is. Observe and match what you see. Don't stand out for being underdressed OR overdressed.
Perfect, thanks!

New

Post by 112 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Does anyone know the start date for the NY program?

Thanks!

EvMont

Bronze

Post by EvMont » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:07 pm

112 wrote:Does anyone know the start date for the NY program?

Thanks!
I think it varies by firm, but the orientation starts the day after Memorial Day.
http://www.seocareer.org/intern-resources/key-dates

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Can anyone log into their SEO account? On my end it says "applications are currently closed".

How are we to submit evidence of seat deposit/enrollment ?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone log into their SEO account? On my end it says "applications are currently closed".

Same. Maybe this is their way of telling us we got rejected?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone log into their SEO account? On my end it says "applications are currently closed".

I don't think so, unless they are linking IPs to applicants.

I think it's inaccessible for everyone as I didn't log in to get this message.

Welp.

New

Post by 112 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Thank you.
EvMont wrote:
112 wrote:Does anyone know the start date for the NY program?

Thanks!
I think it varies by firm, but the orientation starts the day after Memorial Day.
http://www.seocareer.org/intern-resources/key-dates

New

Post by 112 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Double depositing is standard. If you are a minority or poor then do not be dumb and limit your options. Law school admissions is a game, play it wisely. What SEO does not want is for you to deposit at a t60 and then a t14. In other words, they want to be sure that you are going to matriculate to a top school. if you double deposit at Michigan and Berkley they are not going to have a problem. Also, not entirely sure you have to notify them of all of your deposits .... My thoughts from speaking to alums.
txdude45 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
txdude45 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know how SEO t6eats double depositers?
They will look on it VERY negatively. They really don't like people hanging out on more than one WL, so it is highly unlikely they'll be at all supportive of double depositing which 1) could get both offers revoked 2) in combination with WLs, gives them no idea where you're actually going 3) makes you look unprofessional and incredibly shady (a word that came up a lot in SEO). Don't do it.
Frankly, that's stupid. By 1) do you mean that one could get their school offer(s) revoked? Depositing at more than one school seems like a common practice. Isn't that the point of the initial deposit? 2) Some may not know where we're going. If I get into a lower T14 but am waitlisted at two T6s that I'd consider a WL offer from, I sure as hell am going to stay on those WLs.

How does that make one shady or unprofessional? Isn't that the point of a WL? And schools are aware that people double deposit, am I right?

I get that SEO is an amazing resource BUT I'm not going to bend over backwards and limit my choices because they want to know ONE school and write it down or whatever they wanna do.

If what you say is the case, that is. Jeez, people make SEO out to be this dranconian organization. Do they really want that much input into your school choices?
Whether you like it or not, I was told that they don't like you being on multiple WLs. I was considering staying on 2 and didn't because it was clear they viewed that unfavorably.

As far as the rest, a reasonably close reading would make it very clear that my numbered comments were about double depositing, which is NOT a common practice. The deposit is saying to the school, "Yes, I've decided to come to your school." It's how they know how many people to pull of the WL and start to figure out other crap. If the practice was common, deposit deadlines would lose all meaning and adcoms wouldn't be able to accurately project their matriculation numbers.

Furthermore, schools do know when you've double deposited and all warn that doing so can result in them revoking your offer (and you losing the deposit) because you're screwing up their process. If you need a few more days to make a choice, ask and you might get it. Double depositing makes you look shady as hell and it will not be well received by anyone.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

blckwsl

New

Post by blckwsl » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I don't think so, unless they are linking IPs to applicants.

I think it's inaccessible for everyone as I didn't log in to get this message.

Welp.

I can log in... maybe they fixed it already?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:50 am

Has anyone heard back from Seo? I interviewed in late January and haven't heard anything yet. I also updated my application with the school I am attending

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard back from Seo? I interviewed in late January and haven't heard anything yet. I also updated my application with the school I am attending
I interviewed in late January too and haven't heard anything. During the interview, they told me to not expect anything till May(ish) though, when most people have turned in their deposits. HTH.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard back from Seo? I interviewed in late January and haven't heard anything yet. I also updated my application with the school I am attending
I interviewed in late January too and haven't heard anything. During the interview, they told me to not expect anything till May(ish) though, when most people have turned in their deposits. HTH.
Interviewed in early Feb. Not a peep.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”