SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:you can still delete your post yourself if you want
What are you referring to?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Edit: You got it
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:32 pm

There Will Be Blood

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:42 pm

How do we know there's three DC admits?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How do we know there's three DC admits?

A long, dry SEO cycle with nothing to do but stalk this thread. If you do the same, you'll find it. Two of the three were accepted over two weeks ago.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote: So after stalking you for a quick sec,

Please tell me I'm wrong...
You are indeed wrong my friend, keep your head up. Also, lol, please delete the stalkery.

Edit: Although I'll admit, your internet ninja and sleuthing abilities are unrivaled. That was impressive timing to catch a mistake; I can't even be mad -_-.

Edit 2: Also the other guy that quoted, I'd appreciate it.
Last edited by hyakku on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:52 pm

Edited
Last edited by JustE on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:56 am

i figure a small number of us got in at this point and we are just all afraid of outing ourselves. Someone should take the initiative and create a private Facebook group. Or perhaps it is best to let the majority of folks get in?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:i figure a small number of us got in at this point and we are just all afraid of outing ourselves. Someone should take the initiative and create a private Facebook group. Or perhaps it is best to let the majority of folks get in?
Have those offers that have gone out been only for D.C.? Any offers for New York yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:35 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:i figure a small number of us got in at this point and we are just all afraid of outing ourselves. Someone should take the initiative and create a private Facebook group. Or perhaps it is best to let the majority of folks get in?
Have those offers that have gone out been only for D.C.? Any offers for New York yet?
Looks like 1 so far.

Are you the one for NYC? I looked at some of the recent posts, and NYC is not clearly indicated.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Looks like 1 so far.

Are you the one for NYC? I looked at some of the recent posts, and NYC is not clearly indicated.

A few things to keep in mind:

1) Many people are refusing to post about acceptances, you can blame the mass paranoia that has struck this year's thread.

2) Even all those that would post on TLS wouldn't be the entire class so you have to consider that, for example, 1 confirmed NY or 2 confirmed DC acceptances probably represent a lot more. (Especially given consideration #1)

3) Yes, NY is not clearly indicated but yes there is definitely at least 1 NY acceptance.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am

Soooo.... Today, please?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:58 am

No, but seriously, pick up the phone.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Does anyone know roughly how many spots are available this summer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:36 pm

Its also possible SEO is telling admits not to post anything online, for fear that anxious applicants would ramp up their calling/emailing efforts

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Ok, so I understand if people are hesitant to post about when they got their calls and other details, but could somebody who was accepted share which area code the call came from?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ok, so I understand if people are hesitant to post about when they got their calls and other details, but could somebody who was accepted share which area code the call came from?
This is creepy as hell. I hope no one shares it. You're going to scare the hell out of the staff, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if they block their calls after reading this.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Ok, so I understand if people are hesitant to post about when they got their calls and other details, but could somebody who was accepted share which area code the call came from?
This is creepy as hell. I hope no one shares it. You're going to scare the hell out of the staff, lol.

Not really but ok.

It's just an area code, and probably for a huge metropolitan area. It helps to ease the tension when you miss a call from an unknown number if you know what area code SEO calls from.

I also think it's very inconsiderate of SEO if indeed they have issued a gag order. This year's cycle is abnormally late and while I am sure they are busting their asses to select the class, we are also sweating our asses off figuring out what the hell we're gonna do in the summer. It's not just finding out, for many people the SEO decision determines what city they'll be in, and moving plans can't be made otherwise. Not to mention the struggle of finding an apartment on such short notice whether you're selected and have to move to the city or not selected and have to move elsewhere for the summer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Not really but ok.

It's just an area code, and probably for a huge metropolitan area. It helps to ease the tension when you miss a call from an unknown number if you know what area code SEO calls from.

I also think it's very inconsiderate of SEO if indeed they have issued a gag order. This year's cycle is abnormally late and while I am sure they are busting their asses to select the class, we are also sweating our asses off figuring out what the hell we're gonna do in the summer. It's not just finding out, for many people the SEO decision determines what city they'll be in, and moving plans can't be made otherwise. Not to mention the struggle of finding an apartment on such short notice whether you're selected and have to move to the city or not selected and have to move elsewhere for the summer.
You sound way too entitled dude. Its a huge privilege to do this program and the short notice comes with the territory

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Not really but ok.

so then drop out of consideration for the program and plan your summer accordingly? i don't get why you're so whiny about this.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I was just asking for the area code for screening purposes, not to bombard them with calls.

I don't like answering calls on my cell phone at work if I can avoid it, so if I knew that an incoming call wasn't SEO, I would just let it go to voicemail.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Not really but ok.

so then drop out of consideration for the program and plan your summer accordingly? i don't get why you're so whiny about this.

Yes it's a great program and a privilege at that. However your arguments, which are eerily similar to the whole "This is America and if you don't like it you can geeeet oooouuuttt" just doesn't fly with me. There is no reason to purposefully try to keep even minimal information about the current progress of the process. I'm not asking for a per applicant breakdown of who is accepted and when, but a simple easing of the flow of information so we can make informed decisions is not too much to ask.

As far as sounding entitled. I'm sorry I came across that way but I think you've misunderstood me a bit. If I would have been rejected two, three, four weeks ago, I would not have complained for a second that I didn't get in despite my credentials. I wouldn't have claimed I was more deserving of a spot than any other of the uber-qualified candidates. Asking for a little clarification is being entitled?? Don't see how that works.

But keep up the anonymous SEO trolling, I'm sure it'll get you a spot.

EDIT: And yes, short notice comes with the territory, but this is insanely short even by SEO standards, in previous years the acceptances started in late March and were pretty much all in by mid-April.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm sure they'll leave a message with a phone number for you to call back, so just screen your calls if you're at work. It's not a big deal, I'm sure they won't rescind your offer if you don't answer the phone when they first call you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote: Yes it's a great program and a privilege at that. However your arguments, which are eerily similar to the whole "This is America and if you don't like it you can geeeet oooouuuttt" just doesn't fly with me. There is no reason to purposefully try to keep even minimal information about the current progress of the process. I'm not asking for a per applicant breakdown of who is accepted and when, but a simple easing of the flow of information so we can make informed decisions is not too much to ask.

As far as sounding entitled. I'm sorry I came across that way but I think you've misunderstood me a bit. If I would have been rejected two, three, four weeks ago, I would not have complained for a second that I didn't get in despite my credentials. I wouldn't have claimed I was more deserving of a spot than any other of the uber-qualified candidates. Asking for a little clarification is being entitled?? Don't see how that works.

But keep up the anonymous SEO trolling, I'm sure it'll get you a spot.

EDIT: And yes, short notice comes with the territory, but this is insanely short even by SEO standards, in previous years the acceptances started in late March and were pretty much all in by mid-April.

As alumni have already explained there is little rhyme or reason to the admissions process. Knowing who's gotten in is not going to help you in planning for the summer.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”