SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:08 pm

Just got NY soooo excited 8) my first choice as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got NY soooo excited 8) my first choice as well.
Congrats!

Can you tell us if you had a follow up and when?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:17 pm

join the fb group if you havent

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got NY soooo excited 8) my first choice as well.
Congrats!

Can you tell us if you had a follow up and when?
lol i almost screwed up that anonymous thing royally just now :mrgreen: but no follow up sent deposit in last week

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Did anyone hear back for DC today?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear back for DC today?
I'm still waiting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone hear back for DC today?
How bout SF/LA? Sounds like only NYC decisions were emailed today.

New

Post by 112 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:43 pm

Gl
Last edited by 112 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

applelover

Gold

Post by applelover » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:47 pm

So, since I'm antsy, I skimmed through this thread. Wednesday May 1 and Thursday May 2 were huge acceptance days last year. Maybe that will happen again this year. Also, Saturday May 4, there was a wave of dings.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:10 pm

Anybody have any info on the 2nd interview?

applelover

Gold

Post by applelover » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody have any info on the 2nd interview?
If you search "interview" ITT, and browse through those results, you will find information on the follow up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:30 pm

applelover wrote:So, since I'm antsy, I skimmed through this thread. Wednesday May 1 and Thursday May 2 were huge acceptance days last year. Maybe that will happen again this year. Also, Saturday May 4, there was a wave of dings.

Thanks for the info Apple.

Anyone more anxious waiting to hear back from SEO than they were about LS decisions?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
applelover wrote:So, since I'm antsy, I skimmed through this thread. Wednesday May 1 and Thursday May 2 were huge acceptance days last year. Maybe that will happen again this year. Also, Saturday May 4, there was a wave of dings.

Anyone more anxious waiting to hear back from SEO than they were about LS decisions?
This wait is worse than the admission cycle bc you at least have an idea of where you may end up, but it's not as bad as waiting for LSAT results though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

YES!

For LS decisions, I applied to schools early enough that the schools I really cared about getting accepted to were still releasing decisions based on application sent date or interview date. So, I didn't feel bad when I didn't hear back right away because I knew they probably hadn't gotten to my file yet.

For SEO, I know a few people who had their follow-up interview the same day as me and have already heard back, so it's making me really anxious.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

YES!

For LS decisions, I applied to schools early enough that the schools I really cared about getting accepted to were still releasing decisions based on application sent date or interview date. So, I didn't feel bad when I didn't hear back right away because I knew they probably hadn't gotten to my file yet.

For SEO, I know a few people who had their follow-up interview the same day as me and have already heard back, so it's making me really anxious.
So much this! I know someone who had their follow up two days after me and got the offer the same day in the same market I'm hoping to get into. Just waiting for my rejection email at this point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

YES!

So much this! I know someone who had their follow up two days after me and got the offer the same day in the same market I'm hoping to get into. Just waiting for my rejection email at this point.
Don't think like that! Keep hope alive!

I'm still waiting for DC and NY was one of my other choices. I know that people have gotten accepted into both markets and I still haven't heard back and I'm not giving up just yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:40 pm

Has anyone had any SEO updates today? Does anyone ever have to do anything else besides a follow-up interview before they hear back?

Thanks!
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:23 am

Just sent in my confirmation of enrollment at a lower t-14. Heres to hoping that they'll take some of us.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone had any SEO updates today? Does anyone ever have to do anything else besides a follow-up interview before they hear back?

Thanks!
Looks like there was no movement yesterday. Hopefully we hear good news today.

Anyone still getting follow up requests?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:04 pm

There has to be some major movement to close out this week. I know they want the class wrapped up by early next week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:20 pm

I was accepted for the NY internship. This might have already been addressed, but (1) what is the typical salary, and (2) will SEO accommodate you if you already have set travel plans through the middle of June, given that you are still able to commit to 8 consecutive weeks?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was accepted for the NY internship. This might have already been addressed, but (1) what is the typical salary, and (2) will SEO accommodate you if you already have set travel plans through the middle of June, given that you are still able to commit to 8 consecutive weeks?
No one here can really answer this for you.

You're supposed to let them know of any potential conflicts as soon as you get SEO's offer and before you accept. So, just reach out to them an explain your situation.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:44 pm

1. $1200 before taxes
2. SEO is *not* going to like you only being able to commit to 8 weeks. You'd only be at the firm for 6 weeks then (if I'm understanding correctly)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:52 pm

subtle wrote:1. $1200 before taxes
Is it correct to assume this is per week and for nyc? Do weekly salaries differ by location? Firm, etc.?

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
subtle wrote:1. $1200 before taxes
Is it correct to assume this is per week and for nyc? Do weekly salaries differ by location? Firm, etc.?
Yes. Yes. Not very much. One firm was hourly. They would make a little more than $1200 some weeks, but mostly $1200 is standard. Most NYC firms are lockstep, even for SEOs. Can't speak about other markets, but I think it's similar.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”