SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
2bOn2b

New

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by 2bOn2b » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Thanks, man. BTW, are you an alum? No offense, just making sure this is credible info.
Malcolm8X wrote:
2bOn2b wrote:I'm interviewing next week. Serious question: can I keep my mustache?
Just keep it conservative dude.. You'll be fine.

LAWLAW09

Bronze

Post by LAWLAW09 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:01 pm

2bOn2b wrote:Thanks, man. BTW, are you an alum? No offense, just making sure this is credible info.
Malcolm8X wrote:
2bOn2b wrote:I'm interviewing next week. Serious question: can I keep my mustache?

not that i don't see where you're coming from, but that made me lol.

Malcolm8X

Bronze

Post by Malcolm8X » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:02 pm

2bOn2b wrote:Thanks, man. BTW, are you an alum? No offense, just making sure this is credible info.
Malcolm8X wrote:
Nope. But a similar question was asked in one of the SEO boards. You don't have to take my word for it but I think you're over thinking it..

silly101

Bronze

Post by silly101 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:24 am

trudat15 wrote:
Knock wrote:
silly101 wrote:Apparently all the LA times are currently booked? Someone confirm?
There were only like 2 or 3 slots open at all when I checked a few days ago. I'm going up to the Bay.
Me too. I checked yesterday and there was one day open, with only one slot in it. I'm heading to NY next week for work, so it worked out well for me because NY had a bunch of slots.
Good luck finding one. You could always go to SF or somewhere else to interview. I think the consensus is that it's worth the trip if you can potentially get the program.

wow okay. now i guess i really have to plan. will it hurt my chances if i wait for the next round of slots to come out?

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:04 am

Malcolm8X wrote:
Malcolm8X wrote:
Nope. But a similar question was asked in one of the SEO boards. You don't have to take my word for it but I think you're over thinking it..
He's definitely not over thinking it. Mustache has gotta go; like, mandatory. Slack might be cut for the interview, but considering it is a strict policy, and considering you have to send in a picture, I wouldn't chance it. You will 100% have to go clean shaven for the summer, so I'm sure it'd be a risk not to do so for the interview.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:14 am

He's definitely not over thinking it. Mustache has gotta go; like, mandatory. Slack might be cut for the interview, but considering it is a strict policy, and considering you have to send in a picture, I wouldn't chance it. You will 100% have to go clean shaven for the summer, so I'm sure it'd be a risk not to do so for the interview.[/quote]

Did everyone send in a picture? I thought it said you could send one if you wanted to, but a picture was not mandatory????

LLB2JD

Silver

Post by LLB2JD » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:26 am

socraticmethodman wrote:
Did everyone send in a picture? I thought it said you could send one if you wanted to, but a picture was not mandatory????
I sent in a picture. Keeping my fingers crossed

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:45 am

socraticmethodman wrote:He's definitely not over thinking it. Mustache has gotta go; like, mandatory. Slack might be cut for the interview, but considering it is a strict policy, and considering you have to send in a picture, I wouldn't chance it. You will 100% have to go clean shaven for the summer, so I'm sure it'd be a risk not to do so for the interview.
Did everyone send in a picture? I thought it said you could send one if you wanted to, but a picture was not mandatory????[/quote]

If you dont send one in, how are they supposed to know how dashingly handsome you are?

TLSNYC

Silver

Post by TLSNYC » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:42 pm

They have solid turnaround -- I applied Sunday, got invited for an interview today and picked a day next week for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DorianGray89

Bronze

Post by DorianGray89 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:47 pm

Applied last week, havent heard anything, thought the wait was supposed to be longer.

Sinra

Bronze

Post by Sinra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:56 pm

x
Last edited by Sinra on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:28 pm

There is a haphazard timetable as far as how long it takes to hear about an interview. I heard in four days; it took a lot longer for some. I think it is pretty scattershot. No worries. If you think enough time has passed, just reach out to them, but it's likely that it is just the normal course.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Rand M. wrote:There is a haphazard timetable as far as how long it takes to hear about an interview. I heard in four days; it took a lot longer for some. I think it is pretty scattershot. No worries. If you think enough time has passed, just reach out to them, but it's likely that it is just the normal course.
Took me about a month and a half.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Does it matter what your UG major is? Are they expecting us to come in with a lot of business experience already?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:40 pm

law_monkey wrote:Does it matter what your UG major is? Are they expecting us to come in with a lot of business experience already?
I don't think it matters in the least, as long as your applying for the corporate law one and not one of the business ones :P.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Does it matter what your UG major is? Are they expecting us to come in with a lot of business experience already?
I don't think it matters in the least, as long as your applying for the corporate law one and not one of the business ones :P.
I was just checking because my majors aren't very practical. I didn't know if that would matter. Thanks!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:42 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
I was just checking because my majors aren't very practical. I didn't know if that would matter. Thanks!
My major isn't very practical either :).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

silly101

Bronze

Post by silly101 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Anyone know if it's a bad idea to wait for the next round of times to open up? I'm in LA, and traveling around may not be feasible at the moment

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:35 pm

silly101 wrote:Anyone know if it's a bad idea to wait for the next round of times to open up? I'm in LA, and traveling around may not be feasible at the moment
You might want to try calling them to see if they will even have another round of interview sign ups. If they do, I guess you could wait, but they do mention it's rolling admissions.

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:42 pm

law_monkey wrote: I was just checking because my majors aren't very practical. I didn't know if that would matter. Thanks!
Most going to law school have this very issue...

DorianGray89

Bronze

Post by DorianGray89 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Just heard back, got an interview! Have to go up to NYC for it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sinra

Bronze

Post by Sinra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:44 pm

x

kdubb513

New

Post by kdubb513 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:45 pm

I just got the interview too. Best of Luck everyone!!!

2bOn2b

New

Post by 2bOn2b » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks for all the mustache replies!! I was in communication with an SEO interviewer/recruiter yesterday and she said that a conservative mustache was cool for the interview, but, as Rand M and others have noted, she said it had to go if I got an offer. Just an FYI, for the other fellas out there that rocka lil facial hair.

Sinra

Bronze

Post by Sinra » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:25 pm

x

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”