SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kdubb513

New

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by kdubb513 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Anyone who applied in January hear back for an interview?

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Losing hope. Really want the chance to interview at least, but nothing still.
I applied early Dec. and it seems a bunch of people after me have gotten interviews.

Anyone else waiting this long?

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Fresh wrote:Losing hope. Really want the chance to interview at least, but nothing still.
I applied early Dec. and it seems a bunch of people after me have gotten interviews.

Same here. You have a better shot than I do though with Harvard under your belt. I have NYU and Penn, but that's not as flashy. :)

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:20 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Same here.
Well you're definitely giving me some hope since you're definitely qualified

Pray88

New

Post by Pray88 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Fresh wrote:Losing hope. Really want the chance to interview at least, but nothing still.

Dude I would not worry to be honest, lol last night I went through almost the entire 64 page thread (probably should have been studying) but there were people who received invites into Feb and March, I am certain that with the schools that you have been accepted into already, and your monster LSAT you will receive an invite soon. Also even in the minute chance that you don't get an invite, you are at Harvard man...that is like a dream come true for most (including myself)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:12 pm

Pray88 wrote:
Fresh wrote:
Dude I would not worry to be honest, lol last night I went through almost the entire 64 page thread (probably should have been studying) but there were people who received invites into Feb and March, I am certain that with the schools that you have been accepted into already, and your monster LSAT you will receive an invite soon. Also even in the minute chance that you don't get an invite, you are at Harvard man...that is like a dream come true for most (including myself)
Thanks for tha advice haha. Sorry if I came off sounding like I'm pitying myself, but I will definitely remain patient. This program just fits perfectly with my goals, and it'd be awesome to be part of it. Nonetheless, I hope for the best for everyone on here

Pray88

New

Post by Pray88 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Fresh wrote:
Pray88 wrote:
Fresh wrote:
Thanks for tha advice haha. Sorry if I came off sounding like I'm pitying myself, but I will definitely remain patient. This program just fits perfectly with my goals, and it'd be awesome to be part of it. Nonetheless, I hope for the best for everyone on here
No prob man, it fits with what I am trying to do as well, I really want to work for an American firm overseas so this would give me a huge head start on the process. lol btw I have been reading this post a lot, even before I finally signed up and you are my hero man lol

CMDantes

Bronze

Post by CMDantes » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Just follow the instructions on their site when preparing for your interview. It does a pretty good job of preparing you.

Good luck everyone.
Last edited by CMDantes on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

masterthearts

Bronze

Post by masterthearts » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:31 pm

There was a post here earlier today describing their experience at the interview. Where did that post go??!!
Was it deleted? I wanted to read it again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:36 pm

So I'm filling out this app, and I'm wondering how people chose where they wanted to intern?

Does it matter at all?

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:26 am

jd20132013 wrote:So I'm filling out this app, and I'm wondering how people chose where they wanted to intern?

Does it matter at all?
The only way that matters is in the relative size of the different markets and the number of interns they will have. NYC is by far the largest. DC is larger than the other two. Houston is relatively small, and the West Coast set is new this year, so it is hard to know how many people will be placed there. People choose a location based mostly on geographic preference. Surely you must care which city you start to establish/ties roots to. If not, express that, and you'll likely be placed in NY.

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:28 am

Rand M. wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:So I'm filling out this app, and I'm wondering how people chose where they wanted to intern?

Does it matter at all?
The only way that matters is in the relative size of the different markets and the number of interns they will have. NYC is by far the largest. DC is larger than the other two. Houston is relatively small, and the West Coast set is new this year, so it is hard to know how many people will be placed there. People choose a location based mostly on geographic preference. Surely you must care which city you start to establish/ties roots to. If not, express that, and you'll likely be placed in NY.
I'm just speculating but I would presume that choosing a smaller market shouldn't shut you out of the program if you're a strong enough applicant, since you do choose a secondary location.

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:49 am

Yeah, I honestly don't have a strong preference at this point.
I probably will do something like NYC, DC, Palo Alto

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:35 pm

I just got an update request. Did anyone else get this? Also, if I have been updating them on the schools I've been accepted to is there anything else I should send in to them? I kind of don't know if this is a bad sign that I'm getting this without an interview, especially since a lot of people who applied after me have already been invited to interview.

Sinra

Bronze

Post by Sinra » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:44 pm

law_monkey wrote:I just got an update request. Did anyone else get this? Also, if I have been updating them on the schools I've been accepted to is there anything else I should send in to them? I kind of don't know if this is a bad sign that I'm getting this without an interview, especially since a lot of people who applied after me have already been invited to interview.

Yeah I got the same thing. It said they were reviewing our files right? Don't worry about it. Look at Fresh. He's been cleaning up this cycle and I'll eat my hat if he doesn't get an invite. I applied early Jan. You should be faxing them your acceptance info. Have you been doing that? Update it on the site and then fax it as well.

ETA: You're in at NYU. Awesome. I bet you definitely get an invite.

miracle2011

Bronze

Post by miracle2011 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:48 pm

I applied in November and just got an interview invite yesterday. I think that my Ivy undergrad and Upenn acceptance finally made them offer me an interview.

Sinra

Bronze

Post by Sinra » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:50 pm

miracle2011 wrote:I applied in November and just got an interview invite yesterday. I think that my Ivy undergrad and Upenn acceptance finally made them offer me an interview.
I hope my TTTT undergrad doesn't preclude me from one. :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Sorry, I'm an 0L: What's SEO stand for?

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Verity wrote:Sorry, I'm an 0L: What's SEO stand for?
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity

http://www.seo-usa.org/Home

For the purposes of TLS, it is a rare 0L Corporate Law internship targeting at minorities. They have many other programs in other areas.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Awesome! Thanks people who responded!

mrmangs

Silver

Post by mrmangs » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Anyone else get the email(s) about their application going under review today?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Sinra wrote: Don't worry about it. Look at Fresh. He's been cleaning up this cycle and I'll eat my hat if he doesn't get an invite. I applied early Jan. You should be faxing them your acceptance info.
Thanks, jinxed ;)

Sinra

Bronze

Post by Sinra » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:07 pm

Fresh wrote:
Sinra wrote: Don't worry about it. Look at Fresh. He's been cleaning up this cycle and I'll eat my hat if he doesn't get an invite. I applied early Jan. You should be faxing them your acceptance info.
Thanks, jinxed ;)
Just, you know, let us know when you do get the invite so we can commence freaking out about when we will get/not get it. :lol:

calvmpv

Bronze

Post by calvmpv » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm

I got an invite today for an in-person interview. Anyone else?

Sinra

Bronze

Post by Sinra » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm

x
Last edited by Sinra on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”