SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:51 pm

any chance we hear back this week?

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any chance we hear back this week?
Probably a couple weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Anyone send in an "official" transcript after you got the invitation to interview like the website says? Or is everyone just waiting until SEO says/asks something about it?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:58 am

I think it says on the website you should send in your transcript when you're offered an interview, no? I'd send it, what's the harm?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What if you had an interview in January and never received a LoR request? (Or a follow-up interview request, although I know that isn't important). Is this most likely a bad sign or could they just be waiting for you to make a seat deposit first?
I interviewed in January, sent my seat deposit to HLS in early February, and have not heard about LOR or follow-up interview, although I thought my first interview went pretty well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:36 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any other information you all can provide of the follow up? Still not sure what to expect.
There is nothing to expect. Its the same questions as the first interview.

This has been discussed ad nauseam

Is there also a case analysis?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:38 am

Does anyone know when the internship usually starts/what the training dates are? I think they mentioned the weekend of May 18th and Memorial day weekend. Is this right? I am trying to make plans with taking off from work/giving notice if I do in fact get offered....

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know when the internship usually starts/what the training dates are? I think they mentioned the weekend of May 18th and Memorial day weekend. Is this right? I am trying to make plans with taking off from work/giving notice if I do in fact get offered....
IIRC, everything is closed off May 1st and the first day is the last day of May.

Considering that May 1st is like, the hard deadline (someone else can chime in), should I email SEO Law to inform them of visiting school and possible waitlist movement at the end of April?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know when the internship usually starts/what the training dates are? I think they mentioned the weekend of May 18th and Memorial day weekend. Is this right? I am trying to make plans with taking off from work/giving notice if I do in fact get offered....
IIRC, everything is closed off May 1st and the first day is the last day of May.

Considering that May 1st is like, the hard deadline (someone else can chime in), should I email SEO Law to inform them of visiting school and possible waitlist movement at the end of April?
Okay, wait - so is there not weekend training events? I am so confused.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:57 am

Should I send a seat deposit to columbia now to (hopefully) secure a spot for this summer? My applications are still open at HYS, but I don't expect to hear anything positive from them until late this month, maybe early next.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Okay, wait - so is there not weekend training events? I am so confused.
Possibly. I remember May 31st being when they said you start. I figured that was training. Considering they aren't getting decisions out until the end of this month and through the beginning of May, I think the 18th is a bit too soon. I could be wrong on that timeline.
Anonymous User wrote:Should I send a seat deposit to columbia now to (hopefully) secure a spot for this summer? My applications are still open at HYS, but I don't expect to hear anything positive from them until late this month, maybe early next.
Email them. They should be responsive and they know about the waiting game.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What if you had an interview in January and never received a LoR request? (Or a follow-up interview request, although I know that isn't important). Is this most likely a bad sign or could they just be waiting for you to make a seat deposit first?
I interviewed in January, sent my seat deposit to HLS in early February, and have not heard about LOR or follow-up interview, although I thought my first interview went pretty well.
Thanks, glad I'm not the only one in this boat. Maybe we can take it as they loved us so much they don't need to see anything else? :lol:
Anonymous User wrote:I wouldn't worry, they are probably just waiting for you to make a seat deposit. Have you notified them when (if) you have been admitted to any T14 schools?
Yep, I've kept them notified. I'm just going to look at it as a positive and let everything run it's course.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I can't tell anyone at work this so I'll tell you guys.
Woke up at 9:07 because alarm didn't go off (supposed to be at work at 9:30) I throw clothes on, run out the door. Look at myself in mirror, look like shit, throw make up on. run out again, forgot jacket, go back for jacket. RUN to train station, outside train station, fall and twist ankle, hobble down four sets of stairs. In train, it's delayed because someone is sick. Get to work late. Then I realize.
I'M A GLORIFIED SECRETARY AND I HATE MY MINDNUMBING USELESS JOB.
Please SEO, please give me this internship, the thought that I MIGHT get it is the only thing keeping me from banging my head on my desk right now.
above poaster. going to T10. just watered everyone's plants in my office...for something to do.
In other news, took a redeye 6 hour flight on Sunday, sat in middle seat next to fat guy because Airline screwed me over. Was at work on Monday. I was SO tired and out of it, the whole day went by like a blur behind a film of fog. As I am gathering my stuff to leave at the end of the day, I realize the day was pretty much the same as every other day in my office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Woke up at 9:07 because alarm didn't go off (supposed to be at work at 9:30) I throw clothes on, run out the door. Look at myself in mirror, look like shit, throw make up on. run out again, forgot jacket, go back for jacket. RUN to train station, outside train station, fall and twist ankle, hobble down four sets of stairs. In train, it's delayed because someone is sick. Get to work late. Then I realize.
Please SEO, please give me this internship, the thought that I MIGHT get it is the only thing keeping me from banging my head on my desk right now.
above poaster. going to T10. just watered everyone's plants in my office...for something to do.
In other news, took a redeye 6 hour flight on Sunday, sat in middle seat next to fat guy because Airline screwed me over. Was at work on Monday. I was SO tired and out of it, the whole day went by like a blur behind a film of fog. As I am gathering my stuff to leave at the end of the day, I realize the day was pretty much the same as every other day in my office.
Haha! Please keep sharing these stories, it lightens the mood. You can cut the tension with a knife here! :lol:

If you guys want some comedy, flip back through this thread to last spring. People were sneaking into the admitted SEO facebook even when they hadn't been accepted yet, just to spy on the process.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Took a nap yesterday work from about 8:30 til 1. Took lunch for about 45 minutes. Browsed random forums and shit til about 4. Zoned out until maybe 4:50. Started preparing a motion until 6 or so. said fck it i'll finish it tomorrow.

give a shit a little bit less and less every day.... comonn SEO

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Took a nap yesterday work from about 8:30 til 1. Took lunch for about 45 minutes. Browsed random forums and shit til about 4. Zoned out until maybe 4:50. Started preparing a motion until 6 or so. said fck it i'll finish it tomorrow.

I want your job...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:59 pm

LRGhost wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I want your job...
easy... get any job where you have your own office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote: Took a nap yesterday work from about 8:30 til 1. Took lunch for about 45 minutes. Browsed random forums and shit til about 4. Zoned out until maybe 4:50. Started preparing a motion until 6 or so. said fck it i'll finish it tomorrow.

[/quote]

easy... get any job where you have your own office.[/quote]

This is true. This is what I did on Friday except I ended up leaving work an hour early and replaced nap with a two hour lunch. My workplace is so delightfully lax. :lol:

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Took a nap yesterday work from about 8:30 til 1. Took lunch for about 45 minutes. Browsed random forums and shit til about 4. Zoned out until maybe 4:50. Started preparing a motion until 6 or so. said fck it i'll finish it tomorrow.

easy... get any job where you have your own office.[/quote]

This is true. This is what I did on Friday except I ended up leaving work an hour early and replaced nap with a two hour lunch. My workplace is so delightfully lax. :lol:[/quote]

If only it was so easy :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Has anyone heard back yet/been admitted?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:37 pm

No word yet here. Very anxious. Will they release them in larger waves or individually over the next couple weeks?

Does what market you chose have any bearing on your decision date (i.e. New York acceptances first)?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:48 am

Is it too late to receive an interview? I applied a few months ago and haven't heard a peep. I also sent an email requesting an expedited decision and I never received a response. Is SEO usually this unresponsive to emails?

txdude45

Silver

Post by txdude45 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it too late to receive an interview? I applied a few months ago and haven't heard a peep. I also sent an email requesting an expedited decision and I never received a response. Is SEO usually this unresponsive to emails?
Have you updated your application information? I don't think they interview people unless they have T14 stats, or until they have an acceptance to a T14.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Anyone hear back yet? Hoping to hear back soon, submitted seat deposit a week ago.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”