SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:25 am

I am feeling good vibes about tomorrow guys. SEO may call with good news! "Don't stop believing"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am feeling good vibes about tomorrow guys. SEO may call with good news! "Don't stop believing"

May the odds be ever in our favor. ;)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 am

I hope we hear from them soon! Good luck everyone.

AS33

Bronze

Post by AS33 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:41 am

We're definitely going to hear from them this week (I asked). My guess is Wednesday, though.

Elric

Bronze

Post by Elric » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:21 pm

AS33 wrote:We're definitely going to hear from them this week (I asked). My guess is Wednesday, though.
does this include people who were never contacted for an interview? I would like some closure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Elric wrote:
AS33 wrote:We're definitely going to hear from them this week (I asked). My guess is Wednesday, though.
does this include people who were never contacted for an interview? I would like some closure.
+1

AS33

Bronze

Post by AS33 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:48 pm

sdphill wrote:
Elric wrote:
+1
Sorry I don't know this answer, wish I did. Maybe someone else does?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:21 pm

sdphill wrote:
Elric wrote:
+1
Not everyone who gets accepted has a follow-up so it's really impossible to tell.

lndixon

New

Post by lndixon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
sdphill wrote:
Elric wrote:
+1
Not everyone who gets accepted has a follow-up so it's really impossible to tell.
I think he meant that he was never contacted for an initial interview. Maybe I misunderstood though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Elric

Bronze

Post by Elric » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 pm

lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I think he meant that he was never contacted for an initial interview. Maybe I misunderstood though.

I did, and I'm a she...I'm just confused because they haven't rejected me or anything. Guess it's time to call them...

lndixon

New

Post by lndixon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Elric wrote:
lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I did, and I'm a she...I'm just confused because they haven't rejected me or anything. Guess it's time to call them...
my bad re: he vs. she

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:56 am

Should I take it as a bad sign if they haven't returned any of my calls or emails from last week? I mean, I only tried to contact them once in both ways since I didn't want to be annoying, but shouldn't they have responded in some way by now if I was still in the running?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Any movement?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement?
I just called the front desk and they say the Corporate Law folks are working really hard with the review process, but haven't announced any deadlines or timelines or anything.

Also, for those of you who've just heard absolutely nothing (and I mean not even contacted for an initial interview), the good news is if you haven't been rejected, you're still in the running. So...hang in there :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I just called the front desk and they say the Corporate Law folks are working really hard with the review process, but haven't announced any deadlines or timelines or anything.

Also, for those of you who've just heard absolutely nothing (and I mean not even contacted for an initial interview), the good news is if you haven't been rejected, you're still in the running. So...hang in there :)

Really, no other info?? No indication if they were in any way close to acceptances? Btw, who did you speak with? Was it the front-desk receptionist or did you get connected with someone in the Corporate Law program?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Here's to hoping we hear later this week! Good luck everyone!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

What?? Are you kidding me? How is that even possible?! There's like a month left! How are they going to process even more people all the way from the initial interview phase? How do they not have enough candidates already? This is so frustrating!! :cry:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:14 pm

In the application status on the SEO website does any one else have "deadline passed".?...i know I made the deadline it said "submitted" all the way until the deadline had went and then it came up

lndixon

New

Post by lndixon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:In the application status on the SEO website does any one else have "deadline passed".?...i know I made the deadline it said "submitted" all the way until the deadline had went and then it came up
Mine says that too. It says "deadline passed" right above "submitted." One of the previous posters (alum I think) said that was normal.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:19 pm

lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:In the application status on the SEO website does any one else have "deadline passed".?...i know I made the deadline it said "submitted" all the way until the deadline had went and then it came up
Mine says that too. It says "deadline passed" right above "submitted." One of the previous posters (alum I think) said that was normal.
ok at least I feel better...now lets just hope that the above poster is right and people who have heard nothing yet are still in the running

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Really, no other info?? No indication if they were in any way close to acceptances? Btw, who did you speak with? Was it the front-desk receptionist or did you get connected with someone in the Corporate Law program?

+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Can any alums discuss whether or not you find out about placement roughly around the same time of acceptance or after? Also, do they provide you with your location immediately or allow for flexibility for last minute upheavals? Getting excited for their decision, either way the process has been pretty fun, especially picking up the random interview skills I have.

Lol some of you guys are torturing yourselves though. I understand that speculation comforts some people though, so it's cool, I just always wonder how you guys haven't driven yourselves crazy with all this speculating. Although I can't say my senseless optimism is much better :P

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What?? Are you kidding me? How is that even possible?! There's like a month left! How are they going to process even more people all the way from the initial interview phase? How do they not have enough candidates already? This is so frustrating!! :cry:
(same person who called) I know! I asked the same and basically got shut down. I think it was the general front desk reception. He made it sound like a lot of nervous applicants are calling about status updates. They're working hard to review apps, and that's as much information as they have for now...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:54 pm

hyakku wrote:Can any alums discuss whether or not you find out about placement roughly around the same time of acceptance or after? Also, do they provide you with your location immediately or allow for flexibility for last minute upheavals? Getting excited for their decision, either way the process has been pretty fun, especially picking up the random interview skills I have.

Lol some of you guys are torturing yourselves though. I understand that speculation comforts some people though, so it's cool, I just always wonder how you guys haven't driven yourselves crazy with all this speculating. Although I can't say my senseless optimism is much better :P
They offered me a spot in the program in a particular city.

I found out like two days later about my firm.

Also, I hope you guys are paying attention to what's going on at Dewey. The firm CEO normally gives us advice about law school, teaches you the first class, and gives you the first exam. Also, they normally place 3-4 interns at Dewey. Kinda weird it won't be around much longer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
hyakku wrote:Can any alums discuss whether or not you find out about placement roughly around the same time of acceptance or after? Also, do they provide you with your location immediately or allow for flexibility for last minute upheavals? Getting excited for their decision, either way the process has been pretty fun, especially picking up the random interview skills I have.

They offered me a spot in the program in a particular city.

I found out like two days later about my firm.

Also, I hope you guys are paying attention to what's going on at Dewey. The firm CEO normally gives us advice about law school, teaches you the first class, and gives you the first exam. Also, they normally place 3-4 interns at Dewey. Kinda weird it won't be around much longer.
I hear maybe Greenberg Traurig is going to buy them up.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”