SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
yngblkgifted

Silver

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by yngblkgifted » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:23 am

Last edited by yngblkgifted on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HowdyYall

Bronze

Post by HowdyYall » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:05 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:Does anyone know the acceptance rate of the follow ups? Feel free to PM if you'd rather do that.
to go along with that question, does anyone know if follow-ups are actually a good/bad thing? from previous years most people were admitted into the program without one

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:21 pm

HowdyYall wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:Does anyone know the acceptance rate of the follow ups? Feel free to PM if you'd rather do that.
to go along with that question, does anyone know if follow-ups are actually a good/bad thing? from previous years most people were admitted into the program without one
I highly doubt anyone outside of the SEO offices knows the acceptance rate from follow ups. As far as it being a good or bad thing, I'm pretty sure it is a good thing if you didnt interview in NYC(this notion comes from what I was told during my follow-up).

UGAAlum02

New

Post by UGAAlum02 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 pm

hey guys, Im going to put in my seat deposit to a LS this week. Need some help:

What kind of proof of enrollment does SEO require: just a photocopy of the commitment form/check (which i could send in today) or do schools give enrollment receipts (which might take over two weeks)?

PM is fine too if you wanna remain incognito :) Thanks in advance

2bOn2b

New

Post by 2bOn2b » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:08 pm

UGAAlum02 wrote:hey guys, Im going to put in my seat deposit to a LS this week. Need some help:

What kind of proof of enrollment does SEO require: just a photocopy of the commitment form/check (which i could send in today) or do schools give enrollment receipts (which might take over two weeks)?

Bump. I'd like to know about this, too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MMags

New

Post by MMags » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:12 pm

UGAAlum02 wrote:hey guys, Im going to put in my seat deposit to a LS this week. Need some help:

Would love to know the same!

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:02 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:
I highly doubt anyone outside of the SEO offices knows the acceptance rate from follow ups. As far as it being a good or bad thing, I'm pretty sure it is a good thing if you didnt interview in NYC(this notion comes from what I was told during my follow-up).
What does NYC have to do with it?

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 pm

MMags wrote:

Would love to know the same!
When I asked about enrollment during my in person, I'm pretty sure they mentioned something about a receipt. But I haven't committed anywhere yet, so I am not 100% sure.

EdmundBurke23

Bronze

Post by EdmundBurke23 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:12 pm

what's SEO?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:17 pm

EdmundBurke23 wrote:what's SEO?
An awesome yet competitive corporate law internship for minorities during their 0L summer.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:58 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:
What does NYC have to do with it?
Trust, it does. Follow-ups are good. It means you are still in the game. They would not waste everyone's time giving you a follow-up if you are not competitive. Just handle it with a smile and the same professionalism you handled the first interview with. The odds are more in your favor by that point since there are certainly people who do not get follow ups.

W/r/t the proof needed, you just need to have a receipt or something. There isn't really one right answer. Use your brains. Give them something that shows them your intent. Copy of enrollment form, receipt given by the school, etc. They just want to see something that shows the steps you have taken to show your school your intentions.

Renne Walker

Silver

Post by Renne Walker » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:14 am

UGAAlum02 wrote:Need some help: What kind of proof of enrollment does SEO require: just a photocopy of the commitment form/check (which i could send in today) or do schools give enrollment receipts (which might take over two weeks)?
After the initial meeting the interviewer requested transcripts, a LOR and a matriculation receipt from the school (they provided a fax number, and I faxed it).

As far as the follow up interview issue. Since it was stated in an earlier post that [many] students are accepted without a follow up interview, perhaps the follow up is only necessary when they have a concern. However, some think a follow up is a good sign. Take your pick.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:02 am

To clarify--follow-ups seem to be based on who your original interview is with. Some people will need a supplemental interview and some people won't. Either way, don't worry too much about it. Just do what they ask you to do.

Edit- I get a lot of PMs, so I should just say that nobody can really tell younwhat a follow up or lack of follow up means. Just relax. You're still in it unti you are rejected. Just keep doing what they tell you to do. There is no need to stress or worry about what it means.
Last edited by Rand M. on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

liltay357

New

Post by liltay357 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:17 am

So if I havent heard anything from anyone since I applied in Feb.

Guess I didnt get it. Will they send something out saying I didnt?

liltay357

New

Post by liltay357 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Just when I was losing hope I get the invite for an interview via Skype. This should be interesting.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:08 pm

liltay357 wrote:Just when I was losing hope I get the invite for an interview via Skype. This should be interesting.
Congrats and good luck! I plan on depositing next week, so hopefully I'll hear something after that. :shock:

MartianManhunter

Bronze

Post by MartianManhunter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:24 pm

About follow ups:

I had one, as did several people that I met that ended up doing the program. My interview was via skype. Echoing Rand, silence here is what's bad - the fact that your'e getting a follow up interview means that they're interested. My round it seemed that people that didn't interview with people that were outside of NY or were just temp volunteers often had a follow up interview with someone high up enough based in NY.

Eh, I sent them a fax of the filled out deposit form and check and they were fine. I did so based on the advice of a 2L (now 3L) at Columbia who did the same thing when she applied. Some form of commitment is what they're looking for and I'm sure they'd appreciate the quick confirmation rather than having to wait 2 weeks.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:54 pm

law_monkey wrote:
liltay357 wrote:Just when I was losing hope I get the invite for an interview via Skype. This should be interesting.
Congrats and good luck! I plan on depositing next week, so hopefully I'll hear something after that. :shock:
law monkey you can't make a statement like that, and not say where you are going. I will accept a PM if that is more convenient for you!

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Congrats man/woman! I know that feels good! Hope you get it!

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:13 pm

Just got notified that Im in. Deposited at HLS a few days ago. PM for other specifics.

CMDantes

Bronze

Post by CMDantes » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Congratulations!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

maj1987cu

New

Post by maj1987cu » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:40 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Just got notified that Im in. Deposited at HLS a few days ago. PM for other specifics.
Ditto.

SEO NYC.

Any advice on housing?

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Last edited by yngblkgifted on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renne Walker

Silver

Post by Renne Walker » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Rand M. wrote: You're still in it unti you are rejected.
So. . .do you know how [and when] they inform those who are dinged? It has been two weeks since I sent in all my info. . . so far nada. Thx.

Sinra

Bronze

Post by Sinra » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:14 pm

Renne Walker wrote:
Rand M. wrote: You're still in it unti you are rejected.
So. . .do you know how [and when] they inform those who are dinged? It has been two weeks since I sent in all my info. . . so far nada. Thx.
They will tell you that a decision has been rendered (look back in this thread) and the decision will be in your application section--same place where you updated them of acceptances etc.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”