SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ogman05

Bronze

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by ogman05 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:04 pm

ranovr32 wrote:If you look on your SEO app rite after you sign in at the very bottom of the page they post the dates of the things that you receive/they receive.
ranovr, I am trying to find this but do not see it anywhere. Can you describe this a little more. I would like to verify which documents have been recvd. Thanks,

OG

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:54 pm

When you go to seo-usa.org, you have to click on apply, then on the right hand of the screen you enter your pin number and password. Press Log In, the very next screen on the left hand side are the portins of your completed app. Look to the middle of the page, scroll down. On the bottom of the page should be at the very least app completed on---, under that should be your submitted and received documents, whether or not your transcripts are there it will say transcripts received 28/39 or transcripts not received.

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:57 pm

Message Center

The Message Center provides a quick and secure way for the institution to post important messages to you during the application process. Upon login, if you have any messages waiting for your review, you will see them in a pop-up window. Once the window has been closed, you can view any remaining messages by clicking on the Message Center link above.

Welcome!

To access your SEO Application, click on the link below. Make sure to read all directions carefully before completing and submitting your application.

The first section of the application will ask you to choose an “Application Type”. Only freshmen should choose “SEO-U Applicant” from the drop-down menu. Only SEO Corporate Law Program alumni should choose “Judicial Clerkship Applicant”. All other candidates should choose “Career Program Applicant” from the drop-down menu.

Good luck!

SEO Application

Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: PM E.S.T.
Decision

Application Status: Completed on PM

Transcripts: Not Received

This is literally the first page

meowmeow

Bronze

Post by meowmeow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:10 pm

So Im looking at this page and this is all I see..Should I call?

Welcome!

To access your SEO Application, click on the link below. Make sure to read all directions carefully before completing and submitting your application.

The first section of the application will ask you to choose an “Application Type”. Only freshmen should choose “SEO-U Applicant” from the drop-down menu. Only SEO Corporate Law Program alumni should choose “Judicial Clerkship Applicant”. All other candidates should choose “Career Program Applicant” from the drop-down menu.

Good luck!

SEO Application

Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: PM E.S.T.

meowmeow

Bronze

Post by meowmeow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Just called and they said that if you interviewed, your interviewers will definetley let you know if you are missing something.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

groundkontrol

Bronze

Post by groundkontrol » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 pm

After we go to the site and update out application with our acceptances, what is it supposed to say?

Mine simply said "Application Status: Submitted. Congratulations! All required questions have been completed and your Application has been successfully submitted. "

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:45 pm

It looks like your good
Have you gotten an interview yet? (haven't checked), this is literally the only thing that matters.
As long as you get an interview you can worry about those things later, if you kill your interview, I doubt they are worried about a LOR from some professor they have never heard of.

groundkontrol

Bronze

Post by groundkontrol » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 pm

ranovr32 wrote:It looks like your good
Have you gotten an interview yet? (haven't checked), this is literally the only thing that matters.
As long as you get an interview you can worry about those things later, if you kill your interview, I doubt they are worried about a LOR from some professor they have never heard of.
I submitted in December but I haven't been invited for an interview. I was accepted to Penn and Columbia recently though. I updated my application online with the acceptances and I mailed photocopies of my acceptance letters to them. Let's hope this scores me an interview.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:00 pm

groundkontrol wrote:Also, does anyone know the SEO dates? How long does the program last and when does it begin and end? I'm talking about both the actual internship + the 2-week class and training period.
I feel like it starts on the 18th. I remember this because I graudate on the 15th and I was thinking "three days to say goodbye to all my friends and move to NYC?"

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:22 pm

groundkontrol wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:It looks like your good
I submitted in December but I haven't been invited for an interview. I was accepted to Penn and Columbia recently though. I updated my application online with the acceptances and I mailed photocopies of my acceptance letters to them. Let's hope this scores me an interview.
It should, but keep in mind all of the other CLS, Penn, and HLS applicants who have already been accepted. I think many people disregard the fact that there are hundreds of t14 minority applicants, many think that because of an acceptance to x school they are guaranteed an interview. Not knocking ya, but putting the situation into perspective.

BlankC

New

Post by BlankC » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 pm

meowmeow wrote:FYI..
To find out the address go to where u made ur appt.
Then on that page scroll your location and hit the spyglass
icon to the right this will tell you the location by date
I need to thank you for this. A lot.

Thank you. :D

newyorker88

Silver

Post by newyorker88 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:34 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
groundkontrol wrote:Also, does anyone know the SEO dates? How long does the program last and when does it begin and end? I'm talking about both the actual internship + the 2-week class and training period.
I feel like it starts on the 18th. I remember this because I graudate on the 15th and I was thinking "three days to say goodbye to all my friends and move to NYC?"

You've done the program already? What did a typical day include in the firm that you worked at?

meowmeow

Bronze

Post by meowmeow » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:00 pm

BlankC wrote:
meowmeow wrote:FYI..
To find out the address go to where u made ur appt.
Then on that page scroll your location and hit the spyglass
icon to the right this will tell you the location by date
I need to thank you for this. A lot.

Thank you. :D

Lol yeah I was freaking out!! They don't make it very clear

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:14 am

Anyone got an interview invite recently? What long does it usually take to get an interview after you submit?

Laina

Bronze

Post by Laina » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:14 pm

bluedolphins wrote:Anyone got an interview invite recently? What long does it usually take to get an interview after you submit?
I got one last week, submitted in late Jan.

Netsirk

New

Post by Netsirk » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Has anyone who interviewed already heard anything back yet?

I interviewed in late January and still haven't heard back.

anmo

New

Post by anmo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Netsirk wrote:Has anyone who interviewed already heard anything back yet?

Do you have everything in, including a copy of your seat deposit?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:27 pm

I interviewed in January and had everything in including deposit and haven heard anything nwould love to get a call saying I'm in. Already forwent another program with hopes of being accepted.

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm

ogman05 wrote:I interviewed in January and had everything in including deposit and haven heard anything nwould love to get a call saying I'm in. Already forwent another program with hopes of being accepted.
What program?

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Laina wrote:
bluedolphins wrote:Anyone got an interview invite recently? What long does it usually take to get an interview after you submit?
I got one last week, submitted in late Jan.
I see. Thanks for the info. I guess I should be a little patient then. I submitted on 14, Feb and I was starting to worry :oops:

Netsirk

New

Post by Netsirk » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 am

anmo wrote:
Netsirk wrote:Has anyone who interviewed already heard anything back yet?

Do you have everything in, including a copy of your seat deposit?

I have everything in, except for a copy of my seat deposit. I am still waiting to hear back from most of the schools I applied to. I just figured I would at least receive an email or something after my interview. The lack of communication is driving me nuts, especially after spending a good amount of money to fly in for my interview.
Last edited by Netsirk on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:33 am

ranovr32 wrote:
ogman05 wrote:I interviewed in January and had everything in including deposit and haven heard anything nwould love to get a call saying I'm in. Already forwent another program with hopes of being accepted.
What program?
Is there another program besides corporate law for law students?

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:15 pm

ogman05 wrote:
ranovr32 wrote:
What program?
Is there another program besides corporate law for law students?
I meant the program you forwent, SEO doesn't have any other law programs..

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:21 pm

I submitted on the day of the deadline at about 11:00 PM and received an interview invite the next morning. I thought that was very odd. They e-mailed me again yesterday (I guess because I haven't scheduled an interview). I'm trying to figure out when I'd be able to do an in-person interview, they have so few times available.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:22 pm

newyorker88 wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:

You've done the program already? What did a typical day include in the firm that you worked at?
No, I haven't done the program yet. I'm applying for this year's program. I just seem to remember one of the application questions asking if I had any commitments between 5/18 and 8/13 or something like that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”