SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
If its cool with them I'd be willing to fly out the night before orientation. What could be more important?
That sounds like a terrible situation.

Have fun getting a plane ticket, working out housing arrangements and comprehensively packing in the same night, while also letting your boss know you're quitting without so much as a day's notice (forget the standard, sometimes mandatory two weeks), leaving your employer in a horribly sticky situation, projects unfinished and a bunch of people rightfully pissed off at you. That plus not being able to find a summer subletter, so you pay double rent for the summer. And the chance of screwing up your actual law school housing plans beyond belief, depending on which school you'll be going to.

Did I mention you won't be able to get all your shit together? Because you won't.

Maybe if you're a K-JD living with your parents and you have no obligations. For the rest of us, this sucks.

Oh, and then there's the fact that many of us are facing some of these significant problems by holding out and won't be getting in... I wonder why we're irritated.
Not the OP, but I have a job, a place rented out for the summer. I will gladly do the same and fly out right before orientation. This program has an impact on the rest of your career. Paying double rent won't. Quitting your generic paralegal job early won't, they'll replace you easily. Priorities, buddy.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:01 pm

I still want SEO and that's why I'm still waiting for it. I think almost all of us would pay the double rent if we had to.

That doesn't mean a situation like that's not avoidable. And I don't have a "generic paralegal job." I would screw over my employer if I left without notice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I still want SEO and that's why I'm still waiting for it. I think almost all of us would pay the double rent if we had to.

That doesn't mean a situation like that's not avoidable. And I don't have a "generic paralegal job." I would screw over my employer if I left without notice.
How do you know it's not avoidable? SEO has to work with the partner firms to see who they can accept. They can't really figure out their class until the deposit deadlines pass. Just live with it. We'll hear by next week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Won't argue more but I can say that they don't confer with the firms before each acceptance. They take people in and then match to a firm. They also already have an expected class size as has been said.

But you're right. Hopefully next week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:18 pm

I am suppose to have another interview but I haven't seen any new slots posted in since I was alerted they wanted me to schedule an interview... is this worth calling them over or should I just wait it out so I don't come off like too much of an eager beaver.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
If its cool with them I'd be willing to fly out the night before orientation. What could be more important?
That sounds like a terrible situation.

Have fun getting a plane ticket, working out housing arrangements and comprehensively packing in the same night, while also letting your boss know you're quitting without so much as a day's notice (forget the standard, sometimes mandatory two weeks), leaving your employer in a horribly sticky situation, projects unfinished and a bunch of people rightfully pissed off at you. That plus not being able to find a summer subletter, so you pay double rent for the summer. And the chance of screwing up your actual law school housing plans beyond belief, depending on which school you'll be going to.

Did I mention you won't be able to get all your shit together? Because you won't.

Maybe if you're a K-JD living with your parents and you have no obligations. For the rest of us, this sucks.

Oh, and then there's the fact that many of us are facing some of these significant problems by holding out and won't be getting in... I wonder why we're irritated.
Not the OP, but I have a job, a place rented out for the summer. I will gladly do the same and fly out right before orientation. This program has an impact on the rest of your career. Paying double rent won't. Quitting your generic paralegal job early won't, they'll replace you easily. Priorities, buddy.

In my case, it's significantly more complicated than that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am suppose to have another interview but I haven't seen any new slots posted in since I was alerted they wanted me to schedule an interview... is this worth calling them over or should I just wait it out so I don't come off like too much of an eager beaver.
Call. It's not annoying to ask to interview and they'll know if slots are going to open up.

alex.feuerman

Bronze

Post by alex.feuerman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
no worries, you can crash with me until you get a place bro. just remember me when you are an associate in biglaw and I need a favor.....
isn't that what SEO is all about?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:49 pm

Just speculating... but aren't the chances of those of us still waiting pretty high? I mean, if they didn't want us they should've rejected us by now (assuming they're humane). Also, they should have a fairly good idea of where the other people who haven't deposited are going. So maybe they're just waiting for confirmation so they can match us up? Maybe we're all wanted!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just speculating... but aren't the chances of those of us still waiting pretty high? I mean, if they didn't want us they should've rejected us by now (assuming they're humane). Also, they should have a fairly good idea of where the other people who haven't deposited are going. So maybe they're just waiting for confirmation so they can match us up? Maybe we're all wanted!
Lol no. But how many people who deposited a few weeks ago ate still waiting?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just speculating... but aren't the chances of those of us still waiting pretty high? I mean, if they didn't want us they should've rejected us by now (assuming they're humane). Also, they should have a fairly good idea of where the other people who haven't deposited are going. So maybe they're just waiting for confirmation so they can match us up? Maybe we're all wanted!
Lol no. But how many people who deposited a few weeks ago ate still waiting?

I am. Which confuses the hell out of me. They've had my stuff for forever. Don't they know what they want to do with me by now?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Same, I deposited well over a month ago. It's just I've only heard of one rejection on here... there should be others, right?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm

There have been a few others in this thread, which makes me assume that there have been rejections for people not on TLS. It's just like you've had my completed application for forever. Based on how long they've had my seat deposit, I feel like I'm going to get rejected, and if that's the case, just do it and get it over with. Don't string me along.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:37 am

txdude45 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For those who *just* got in, did u have everything already turned in (rec, both interviews completed (if applicable) besides ur deposit u recently turned in??
Edit: my deposit confirmation was a screenshot of the confirmation page and I also emailed it directly to my interviewer.

I can confirm that this is accepted as proof of deposit.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys! I was wondering if it was possible to interview for a certain location, DC for example, and then get another location because the school you are attending is in another market location?
I'm wondering about the exact same thing!
Also wondering about this. I thought I was going to a certain school when I requested my location that I interviewed with, but now I'll be hundred miles away. I wonder if they will ask or just place you lol
Any advice on how to handle such a situation?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:23 am

Just request a different SEO location and explain why? And at the end add, but I would still be delighted to participate in SEO in any city in the country with availability blah blah

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:There have been a few others in this thread, which makes me assume that there have been rejections for people not on TLS. It's just like you've had my completed application for forever. Based on how long they've had my seat deposit, I feel like I'm going to get rejected, and if that's the case, just do it and get it over with. Don't string me along.
rejected a couple of weeks

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:37 am

im sorry to hear that.... so I guess they are sending rejections out now?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:57 am

Does SEO drug test?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 am

Some closure this week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does SEO drug test?
Probably up to the firm. Most don't. I'd try and be clean just in case.
Anonymous User wrote:Some closure this week?
Hopefully not as I'm still waiting for admissions!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:17 pm

Dear SEO Law Team,

Please call me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Would anyone advise against contacting the program to inquire about decisions. As others have voiced on this thread, as the years comes to an end I've had to put a lot of plans on pause as I wait for a response and it's getting kind of late

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Would anyone advise against contacting the program to inquire about decisions. As others have voiced on this thread, as the years comes to an end I've had to put a lot of plans on pause as I wait for a response and it's getting kind of late
I was in a PM conversation last week with someone who emailed an inquiry about this two or three weeks ago. As of Friday they'd still heard nothing. Point is don't email... call if you do ask, I'd love to know

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dear SEO Law Team,

Please call me.

x ∞

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”