SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 07, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm just worried a little because my official transcripts wont arrive in NYC unitl mid-late this week

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone not had a follow up interview still waiting - deposited T3 end of April, first interview in January and still nothing :(
Had interview in late jan, and deposited at T6... :(
Was a bit late with my rec and got it in mid april with my deposit.

Are we out?!
Dunno [sigh] had all my stuff in by end of February, but just sent my deposit in two weeks ago. I called to confirm they'd received it and was told that someone would likely contact me for a follow up interview later that week, but then silence - not sure what to make of it. I'm hoping it means that they're just swamped, but the fact that so many people were asked to follow up interview before depositing at all makes me really nervous...
Yeah, they said they would contact you for a follow-up? I was under the impression that most? or at least some people last year got in without a follow-up.
Yes, but I don't think I was talking to someone involved with final decision making - i.e. like a program/admin. assistant who has a general sense of how the process works, with a follow up interview being the next step in most cases. Given the late date, I'm assuming that if we do end up getting in it will be without a follow-up interview, so that's what I'm hoping for...

Bronze

Post by 1212 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:43 pm

A couple people have emailed me asking for the facebook link but have blocked incoming messages in their privacy settings. If you PM'ed me and I haven't gotten back to you, it is because your privacy settings aren't allowing me to respond. Please change them and message me again.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 07, 2012 7:55 pm

In! (for those interested, no follow-up interview, but it's because I was one of the last batch of interviews).

Thanks so much everyone for being supportive and that magical list of questions :) Good luck everyone still waiting to hear, and good luck with law school :D

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:In! (for those interested, no follow-up interview, but it's because I was one of the last batch of interviews).

Thanks so much everyone for being supportive and that magical list of questions :) Good luck everyone still waiting to hear, and good luck with law school :D
Congratulations!! its good to know that somebody from the last batch of interviews got in..I had my interview a little over a week back..hopefully ill hear some good news too once my transcripts get to new york this week

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 07, 2012 11:47 pm

What kind of things will we need to do to get situated with our firms (will there be prior paper work, additional interviews, meet and greets before hand, etc.)?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 2:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:In! (for those interested, no follow-up interview, but it's because I was one of the last batch of interviews).

Congrats! I might have been the one that sent you that list. PM me, I would love to know which one of the people I helped got in.

Estef_22

New

Post by Estef_22 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Congrats! I might have been the one that sent you that list. PM me, I would love to know which one of the people I helped got in.

Congrats to everyone that got in!! Could someone please PM me the SEO facebook group link? I need a female roommate in NYC asap... Thanks!

AS33

Bronze

Post by AS33 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:27 am

Estef_22 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Congrats to everyone that got in!! Could someone please PM me the SEO facebook group link? I need a female roommate in NYC asap... Thanks!
PM me I need a roommate too

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 am

So from Facebook it seems that some people started to get their placements today. For those of us still waiting to hear anything, does it mean that we're rejected? Anyone know if there are still positions available?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So from Facebook it seems that some people started to get their placements today. For those of us still waiting to hear anything, does it mean that we're rejected? Anyone know if there are still positions available?
If you aren't in the program, how did you get in the facebook group for admitted students??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Might be looking at the wrong group. There's a big SEO intern group that is open, and a separate SEO Corporate Law group. The first group seems to be full of the finance interns, and their timeline is different.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Has there been anyone that got in this year that is not going to a T-14??

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bronze

Post by 1212 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:42 pm

The facebook group has been deleted because people have lied to me about getting into the program in order to gain access. Shame on you.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 1:45 pm

1212 wrote:The facebook group has been deleted because people have lied to me about getting into the program in order to gain access. Shame on you.

Well that gives me hope as it was over 40 people last I checked. I mean it's one thing to search to see how many people are in it, but it's another to lie about getting in.

AS33

Bronze

Post by AS33 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:52 pm

1212 wrote:The facebook group has been deleted because people have lied to me about getting into the program in order to gain access. Shame on you.

That is awful, and really disappointing!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 1:53 pm

This sucks! The group was a fun and informal way of meeting new interns and sharing useful information. We have been informed that now, thanks to a few perpetrators, we have to shut it down.

SEO has set up a private site for us to communicate. You can only gain access if you are invited by an SEO representative. Those that were faking acceptances to get info will REALLY be perturbed now, smh.

I have a feeling that someone might suggest that SEO made all of this up to control the flow of information. That's just preposterous....right? *ponders possible conspiracy* lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

This sucks! The group was a fun and informal way of meeting new interns and sharing useful information. We have been informed that now, thanks to a few perpetrators, we have to shut it down.

SEO has set up a private site for us to communicate. You can only gain access if you are invited by an SEO representative. Those that were faking acceptances to get info will REALLY be perturbed now, smh.

I have a feeling that someone might suggest that SEO made all of this up to control the flow of information. That's just preposterous....right? *ponders possible conspiracy* lol
Uh oh, what if seo gets a hold of the names of those who were in the group without an acceptance...

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Tue May 08, 2012 2:16 pm

AS33 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
AS33 wrote:I said this before, but I think that we all need to be patient and wait until the end of this week. Friday marks the 2 week count down until orientation, so it's my guess that they will wrap up decisions by then. I don't think we should give up hope just yet.

(deposited to T6 and had an interview and two follow-ups. I was also told a decision would be made within a week when I had my last follow up last week).
Haha, I know, but this is TLS. the neuroticism has continued from the application cycle

Gonna take a breather and get some sunlight, maybe that;ll help
:) the way I think of it is we are all in a great position. We're going to some of the best law schools on the country, we can't forget that! If we get SEO...awesome. If we don't, then we'll just have the summer to relax. Sounds like a win-win to me.
YYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
I knew you'd get in. You're way too chill and level headed not to have been. See you in NY in a few weeks.

Also, didn't get a chance to join the FB group before it got shut down (I guess my procrastination was luck this time), but damn it's hilarious that not one, but multiple people up here lied to get into the group for no reason whatsoever. We would've shown up in two weeks and thought half the class died on the way over or something.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has there been anyone that got in this year that is not going to a T-14??

Yes, just barely outside, but outside.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has there been anyone that got in this year that is not going to a T-14??

Considering the markets they're placing in, that's obviously U Texas...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Nope.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 3:30 pm

So for those of us who haven't heard back after a follow up it's pretty much over? :( are there still spaces left?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Nope.
LOL. UCLA? :P

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Uh oh, what if seo gets a hold of the names of those who were in the group without an acceptance...
They did. And to those people, that's a serious character issue, and not the kind any level-headed legal professional would overlook when making final decisions.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”