SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Yikes... Please don't reject me...

please...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If you haven't received an interview invite by now, is it reasonable to assume you won't be getting one? I received another job offer and the deadline to respond is approaching. SEO is my first choice, but I don't want to end up with nothing for the summer. It seems like the least they could do is e-mail you when you're rejected so you have ample time to find other employment.
You need to call them and ask them about this yourself. Let them know about your other deadlines and when you need an absolute answer by. It won't affect your decision. I had the same dilemma last year (and I got my interview invite in early Feb.), but they rushed my decision to get back to me before the other place I could've worked for the summer.

Communication is extremely important with all parties. If you were rejected, they would've told you so.
LAST YEAR....I had 2 interviews and got my rejection on TLS. A SEO accepted student posted on this site that SEO told him to post that those who had not received a reply have not been accepted to the program (this occurred late April/early May). I couldn't believe what I read. TLS then quickly had that post removed. I am currently a 1L and thought that the rejection process was handled poorly.
Doesn't change the fact that the poster needs to call SEO if they want SEO to work with them instead of magically hoping things fall in place or SEO gives them an answer before SEO said they would.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Any non-URM minority (e.g., Indian, Asian, etc.) receive an interview invite yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any non-URM minority (e.g., Indian, Asian, etc.) receive an interview invite yet?
Non-URM minority, applied late December, still no interview invite. :?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any non-URM minority (e.g., Indian, Asian, etc.) receive an interview invite yet?
Non-URM minority, applied late December, still no interview invite. :?
Also non-URM minority, no invite here either.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bronze

Post by 1212 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:47 am

Based on last year's discussion, they begin sending acceptances on the 9th! Hope we hear some positive news soon!!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:23 am

1212 wrote:Based on last year's discussion, they begin sending acceptances on the 9th! Hope we hear some positive news soon!!!
Is it possible to get an acceptance prior to depositing?

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
1212 wrote:Based on last year's discussion, they begin sending acceptances on the 9th! Hope we hear some positive news soon!!!
Is it possible to get an acceptance prior to depositing?
No.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:03 am

Hmm.. I really want this internship but I haven't heard back from Harvard yet (held). Is it worth depositing at Columbia now? I'd hate to lose my deposit if (a miracle happens and) HLS comes through. Thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hmm.. I really want this internship but I haven't heard back from Harvard yet (held). Is it worth depositing at Columbia now? I'd hate to lose my deposit if (a miracle happens and) HLS comes through. Thoughts?
Call them/email your interviewer and let them know about this, asap.

They're not going to give you an acceptance until you deposit. However, if they see that you're going to deposit at CLS, but might pick HLS instead, they could "accept you" in their records and wait to extend you the invitation until you deposit at Harvard. In other words, if you communicate this with them, it might not affect your chances of getting in at all (by waiting too long to deposit).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Non-URM minority. Applied in December & had my interview in January.

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Anyone in yet? :D

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Post by mcdeeremitch » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Just got an email saying my application is under review and letting me know to use the quick updates...anyone else get the same email?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JoeMo

Gold

Post by JoeMo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:53 pm

JustE wrote:Anyone in yet? :D
No, I'm out of the running since I deposited as a summer starter at UMich. I guess that's all in this thread for me.

Good luck to the rest of you!

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:09 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:Just got an email saying my application is under review and letting me know to use the quick updates...anyone else get the same email?
Nope. Nothing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 pm

JustE wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:Just got an email saying my application is under review and letting me know to use the quick updates...anyone else get the same email?
Nope. Nothing.
don't start freaking out. Most of us didn't get our acceptances until end of march and april. I believe I got mine last week of April or first week of may (but I don't quite remember).

lndixon

New

Post by lndixon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
JustE wrote:
Nope. Nothing.
don't start freaking out. Most of us didn't get our acceptances until end of march and april. I believe I got mine last week of April or first week of may (but I don't quite remember).
How long was it between submitting proof of enrollment/ seat deposit and getting accepted?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:03 pm

lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
JustE wrote:
Nope. Nothing.
How long was it between submitting proof of enrollment/ seat deposit and getting accepted?

about two weeks for me. Some people got it sooner. others got it later.

AS33

Bronze

Post by AS33 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Jeesh! My interview isn't even until the 19th

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 pm

+1

lndixon

New

Post by lndixon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
JustE wrote: Just got an email saying my application is under review and letting me know to use the quick updates...anyone else get the same email?

Nope. Nothing.

about two weeks for me. Some people got it sooner. others got it later.
Great! Thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Logged in to find out I've been rejected already. I had my interview already. I wonder what I said/did to piss them off. I guess I should probably start seriously working on my interview skills. Well, that was quick.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Logged in to find out I've been rejected already. I had my interview already. I wonder what I said/did to piss them off. I guess I should probably start seriously working on my interview skills. Well, that was quick.
Sorry to hear about the rejection.

When you say you logged in, which website? The SEO application website? It had your application status up?

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Logged in to find out I've been rejected already. I had my interview already. I wonder what I said/did to piss them off. I guess I should probably start seriously working on my interview skills. Well, that was quick.

When you say you logged in, which website? The SEO application website? It had your application status up?

I'm guessing you're talking about the message center thing on the left, right?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Yes to both

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”