SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Stanford4Me

Platinum

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Stanford4Me » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:44 am

Is there any way I can know whether or not the received my law school deposit I sent a few weeks ago? I guess I could contact them, but it seems like getting them to respond to e-mail or answer phones is pretty difficult.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 am

Stanford4Me wrote:Is there any way I can know whether or not the received my law school deposit I sent a few weeks ago? I guess I could contact them, but it seems like getting them to respond to e-mail or answer phones is pretty difficult.
How long ago was it? I sent them a follow up email when they didn't say anything back, but I had already waited a while. Since we are getting so close to the end now, I think it might be a good idea to reach out to them. In my experiences they have been responsive to emails.

Laina

Bronze

Post by Laina » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:20 pm

Seems like they've accepted quite a few people in the past few days; the FB group was 10 last week, now it's 20+.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Got a phone call this morning. They did a phone interview right then and there. Kind of threw me off because I had no prior notice about the phone interview...and they called me when I was asleep.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:30 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:Got a phone call this morning. They did a phone interview right then and there. Kind of threw me off because I had no prior notice about the phone interview...and they called me when I was asleep.
Wait, did you already get in? I am confused; what was that interview for? Firm placement? I thought the follow ups were always with warning.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Rand M. wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:Got a phone call this morning. They did a phone interview right then and there. Kind of threw me off because I had no prior notice about the phone interview...and they called me when I was asleep.
Wait, did you already get in? I am confused; what was that interview for? Firm placement? I thought the follow ups were always with warning.
No I haven't gotten in, and I was surprised I didn't get any notice about the follow up. The called me and left a message saying they wanted to ask me a few questions. I thought it was about my file (i.e. paperwork or something), but when I returned their phone call they started asking me interview questions. So...yeah...

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
Rand M. wrote:
No I haven't gotten in, and I was surprised I didn't get any notice about the follow up. The called me and left a message saying they wanted to ask me a few questions. I thought it was about my file (i.e. paperwork or something), but when I returned their phone call they started asking me interview questions. So...yeah...
Wow, that is really strange. Sorry about that. Hopefully you were prepared and are going to get it soon.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sat May 01, 2010 7:37 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
Rand M. wrote:
Out of curiousity, did you interview with Sari David in your in-person interview?

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Sat May 01, 2010 10:11 pm

Core wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
Rand M. wrote:
Out of curiousity, did you interview with Sari David in your in-person interview?
No, I interviewed with...Egyirba Walker-Arthur.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Mon May 03, 2010 10:55 am

Anyone else still waiting to hear?

UnitarySpace

Bronze

Post by UnitarySpace » Mon May 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Yessir.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Mon May 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Are people being rejected, or are lots of people sort of in purgatory?

UnitarySpace

Bronze

Post by UnitarySpace » Mon May 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Seems like the latter. They just finished phone interviews last week.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Mon May 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Agree...just lots of waiting...

GMVarun

Bronze

Post by GMVarun » Mon May 03, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm still waiting too. I had my Skype interview last Wednesday.

Sakura3210

Bronze

Post by Sakura3210 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Yeah, I'm in the waiting group too. I wonder how long we'll all have to wait? :?

meowmeow

Bronze

Post by meowmeow » Mon May 03, 2010 4:35 pm

got my firm placement

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon May 03, 2010 5:12 pm

x
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Thu May 06, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Mon May 03, 2010 5:31 pm

meowmeow wrote:got my firm placement
It sorta doesn't make sense that there could be a decent amount of us still waiting if they're at this stage. If they've got a clear enough picture of where they stand to start doing placement notifications, it seems as if they shouldn't be still doing decisions =/

TMDF

New

Post by TMDF » Mon May 03, 2010 5:32 pm

x
Last edited by TMDF on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jacosta6

New

Post by jacosta6 » Mon May 03, 2010 5:40 pm

TMDF wrote:Hm. Did anyone else get placed today? I'm curious whether they call people in batches.
I got the call earlier this afternoon.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kinch

Bronze

Post by kinch » Mon May 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Also got mine.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Mon May 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Are there any commonalities between the people who got their firm placements today? All NYC? All got in really early? Completed the online training?

TMDF

New

Post by TMDF » Mon May 03, 2010 6:20 pm

x
Last edited by TMDF on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Mon May 03, 2010 6:23 pm

TMDF wrote:I think I saw on the facebook page that they'll be notifying for placements today and tomorrow, so I wouldn't be too worried if you didn't hear back today. But don't quote me on that.
I mean, I figure there's not too much to worry about necessarily; I'm just a little jealous.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”