SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:42 pm

I received a follow-up interview and LOR request earlier this week. Initial interview was in late March.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received a follow-up interview and LOR request earlier this week. Initial interview was in late March.
Who was your first interview with?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:04 pm

Hey all!! Recently got the call and I'm in!! Just wanted to say hang in there I was one of those with 1 interview so it's possible!! Any questions let me know and I'll pm! Good luck!

J90

Bronze

Post by J90 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey all!! Recently got the call and I'm in!! Just wanted to say hang in there I was one of those with 1 interview so it's possible!! Any questions let me know and I'll pm! Good luck!
Congratulations! That's great, really, you earned it. :)

Just one question, really - what time did your call come in? Inside or outside regular business hours (it wasn't not long before this last post, was it? An 11:00 p.m. call'd be crazy - and yet I'd still hope for it haha!)?

Edit: You can PM if you want!
Last edited by J90 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:21 pm

12 more days.......congrats to recent admits:)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey all!! Recently got the call and I'm in!! Just wanted to say hang in there I was one of those with 1 interview so it's possible!! Any questions let me know and I'll pm! Good luck!

Which city did you apply for, if you don't mind? You can PM me if that makes you more comfortable.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:03 am

Well at this point those of us that haven't heard are obviously for the most part out... it'd just be really really nice to hear officially so that we can lock down housing for law school!! i'll be very upset if they just string us along until mid-may before sending out one huge ding-wave of emails.. i'll probably call next week if I don't hear tomorrow.. I need to know whether or not to renew my lease here, find housing at my LS, or find housing at SEO

grrrrr :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dmini7

Silver

Post by Dmini7 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:40 am

subtle wrote:

Which city did you apply for, if you don't mind? You can PM me if that makes you more comfortable.

I would also like to know where you applied, and if you are willing to state where you are attending (or just a breakdown giving a general rank. ex: HYS, t6 t10 t14...)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:45 am

I'm HYS... Also I suspect it was a matter of deposit timing cause I submitted a few days ago. So if at all possible get those in!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:48 am

If you get into this, don't be stupid and NOT do it. You get paid $1000-$1500 a week, but more importantly a good 25-35% (being conservative here) get offers to come back 1L year (which means, if you like your firm and don't screw up you're probably coasting to permanent employment easy). A good amount of us whose firms don't rehire their 0Ls get automatic callbacks for 2L summer (which makes going into 2L even easier), you get connections, wined and dined all summer, and meet great people.

Most importantly though, IMO, is you get a feel for what you might want to do (or, I guess you might discover you hate BigLaw, which would also be awesome) and will likely come out of it with far more clarity about what you want out of law school. People will tell you over and over that law school isn't like work over the summer, and when you get in, you're going to discover that they are 100% correct. I've got a pretty awesome summer gig, and I know that a good amount of the interviews I did well on and how I landed this spot was because I was able to intelligently talk about what I wanted to do, what my interests and future goals were, and how I wanted to pursue them more so than "Yea, I saw you guys worked on Prop 8 and I think that's SOOO cool!". And it's not like I'm faulting other law students, without SEO it would've been hard as shit for me to tell people why I've got an interest in transactional law, where I'd like to see my skills develop, etc as well. Unless you're going to the olympics or something sweet as shit, please don't make me backhand you through the internet for turning down an awesome opportunity because you want to "enjoy one last summer."

And finally, law school is really not that bad. Don't buy into this hype of people telling you that your life is officially over or something, I know a ton of people (including myself) that had great first semesters (not trying to jinx this second semesters) and had a great time, met awesome people, and generally enjoyed the shit out of law school (hell, you drink damn near 3 months of the year, but that might just be because its cold here). Yes, finals come around and you have to grind, but I mean really, it's reading and writing stuff guys, don't stress yourselves out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:33 am

hyakku wrote:If you get into this, don't be stupid and NOT do it. You get paid $1000-$1500 a week, but more importantly a good 25-35% (being conservative here) get offers to come back 1L year (which means, if you like your firm and don't screw up you're probably coasting to permanent employment easy). A good amount of us whose firms don't rehire their 0Ls get automatic callbacks for 2L summer (which makes going into 2L even easier), you get connections, wined and dined all summer, and meet great people.

Most importantly though, IMO, is you get a feel for what you might want to do (or, I guess you might discover you hate BigLaw, which would also be awesome) and will likely come out of it with far more clarity about what you want out of law school. People will tell you over and over that law school isn't like work over the summer, and when you get in, you're going to discover that they are 100% correct. I've got a pretty awesome summer gig, and I know that a good amount of the interviews I did well on and how I landed this spot was because I was able to intelligently talk about what I wanted to do, what my interests and future goals were, and how I wanted to pursue them more so than "Yea, I saw you guys worked on Prop 8 and I think that's SOOO cool!". And it's not like I'm faulting other law students, without SEO it would've been hard as shit for me to tell people why I've got an interest in transactional law, where I'd like to see my skills develop, etc as well. Unless you're going to the olympics or something sweet as shit, please don't make me backhand you through the internet for turning down an awesome opportunity because you want to "enjoy one last summer."

And finally, law school is really not that bad. Don't buy into this hype of people telling you that your life is officially over or something, I know a ton of people (including myself) that had great first semesters (not trying to jinx this second semesters) and had a great time, met awesome people, and generally enjoyed the shit out of law school (hell, you drink damn near 3 months of the year, but that might just be because its cold here). Yes, finals come around and you have to grind, but I mean really, it's reading and writing stuff guys, don't stress yourselves out.
Thanks a lot for this man. Would you mind saying where you go to law school?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:09 pm

I deposited earlier this month at a t5 and still haven't heard back... I do wish they would get back to us soon. I'm leaving in two weeks for another country for a couple of weeks and I really would like to settle the housing issue before then. Would it be appropriate to call them and tell them about this issue?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I deposited earlier this month at a t5 and still haven't heard back... I do wish they would get back to us soon. I'm leaving in two weeks for another country for a couple of weeks and I really would like to settle the housing issue before then. Would it be appropriate to call them and tell them about this issue?
yea, I'm probably gonna call them on Monday and tell them I need an update... It's getting to the point where holding out for SEO could cost me literally thousands in rent $$...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:12 pm

anymore more movement????? 9 days!!!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:26 pm

I've just been recently accepted to the SEO program and I will be working for a firm that's not in the NYC market. I was accepted a few days after I sent my seat deposit form in. My initial interview was either Jan/Feb and my second interview was in March. I had everything besides my seat deposit submitted by late March. My deposited school is also not one of the one's that people say guarantees SEO but it is a t14.

Any questions let me know and I'll pm! But if they won't give me away from my judgement, I will report on the forum.

Thanks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've just been recently accepted to the SEO program and I will be working for a firm that's not in the NYC market. I was accepted a few days after I sent my seat deposit form in. My initial interview was either Jan/Feb and my second interview was in March. I had everything besides my seat deposit submitted by late March. My deposited school is also not one of the one's that people say guarantees SEO but it is a t14.

Any questions let me know and I'll pm! But if they won't give me away from my judgement, I will report on the forum.

Thanks
How did they give you your acceptance? E-Mail or phone call?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Phone call

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:49 pm

=(

Anyone get into NY yet?

NoChainz

Bronze

Post by NoChainz » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Do we know how many people get SEO each year?

NoChainz

Bronze

Post by NoChainz » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:^ I could be wrong guys, but isn't that a group made BY people on TLS, FOR people on TLS? There's no way that could show close to everyone.

There's no way the bulk of the admits could even know the page exists, right?

That's why he said even if you triple (which would assume only 33% of SEOers are TLSers) it still leaves a lot of spots left.

Also, last year's thread had a nice portion (28 TLS confirmed out of I think 70 spots they had last year - 40%).
Never mind, found it.

Also I hate the anonymous feature, it has really diminished the usefulness of this thread.

waters

New

Post by waters » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:32 am

Who did you have your interview with? When did you send in your proof of deposit?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:11 am

NoChainz wrote:Do we know how many people get SEO each year?
This year it will be a few less than 90

NoChainz

Bronze

Post by NoChainz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:=(

Anyone get into NY yet?
Yes got in and can't be the only one.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:
How do you know this?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”