Non-Big Law incoming 3L at Top 4 School- Job Options? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
plus44

New

Non-Big Law incoming 3L at Top 4 School- Job Options?

Post by plus44 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:35 pm

Basically, I was planning on taking a non-legal job after graduation- I started work there this summer and am hating it. I worked in this industry before so knew what I was getting into, but did not expect to dislike this company so much. I could try to find another job in this industry but am unsure.

What are my options for smaller firms etc at this point? What do I need to do? What could be some other options? Crisis management, possibly? (although I should probably pay someone to manage my crisis) I will reach out to our OCS although I have no clue how helpful they'll be. Not really interested in big law and won't graduate with debt. Don't wanna do govt work either.

I am probably slightly below median at HYSC- they don't tell us rank. Otherwise solid educational pedigree as well (Ivy undergrad etc). Lots of work experience (10ish years in one field)

Any thoughts/options?

Return to “Legal Employment”