Skadden - 4 day/week in office Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Skadden - 4 day/week in office

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:08 pm
I'm at V10 that hasn't announced a RTO policy formally - lately I havent been coming in all that much. Do we think these firms are tracking attendance at this point - i just get the feeling everyone is too busy to do something that anal-retentive.
every firm is tracking somehow, whether through swipes or another metric

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:03 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:48 am
Any skadden lurkers mind giving a vibe check? Are people pissed or just taking it or what?
Nobody here cares what the associates think. Get back into the office or get your bonus cut or fired.
Oh I've already been thinking of quitting the law on January 1, 2024, so don't think I'm too worried about that, personally. You'll care what associates think when you can't hire or retain them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:29 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:03 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:48 am
Any skadden lurkers mind giving a vibe check? Are people pissed or just taking it or what?
Nobody here cares what the associates think. Get back into the office or get your bonus cut or fired.
Oh I've already been thinking of quitting the law on January 1, 2024, so don't think I'm too worried about that, personally. You'll care what associates think when you can't hire or retain them.
In this market, Skadden could mandate 7 days a week and stay winning. The problem is that when the economy booms again, the exact same partners who abused associates in 2023 will be complaining that they can’t retain anyone, hiring laterals is too expensive. This is the natural business cycle of law firms run by lawyers with zero business sense. It also explains why biglaw will overcharge one matter at the expense of being hired for 25 future matters.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:42 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 1:34 pm
bigboybob wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 1:51 pm
Can anyone confirm? Its a big topic on fishbowl that Skadden is now requiring 4 days per week in office. But no one has confirmed. Any insight welcomed.
They will be announcing this at the state of the firm on 5/31. Anyone's guess as to what cheeses will accompany the announcement.
Can we get a French-esk Revolution going at Skadden if this happens? Thanks.
Yas queen, please. Can all of the entitled whiny associates start kicking and screaming that they can't spend all day in their pajamas so they are shown the door and some laterals can get a shot? Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”