CLS/Cravath Tiktoker Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
charles117

Bronze

Re: CLS/Cravath Tiktoker

Post by charles117 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:42 pm

fwiw, my v10 firm also has very clear and explicit policies in the associate handbook prohibiting any form of outside employment. The general counsel made it clear in orientation that they are purchasing all of our working hours with our salary and they wanted our focus to be on our work at the firm. The only exception is teaching adjunct courses at law schools for which any compensation is required to be donated to charity and cannot be kept.

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:01 pm

This raises conflict-esque concerns. If a Cravath client learned that she bashed one of their beauty products on a review, they wouldn’t be happy with the firm.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 am

If I am not mistaken, Cravath had another budding TikTok influencer from HLS in their most recent associate class, and they apparently told her to knock it off, which she did. Seems like this person didn't get the message.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:09 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 am
If I am not mistaken, Cravath had another budding TikTok influencer from HLS in their most recent associate class, and they apparently told her to knock it off, which she did. Seems like this person didn't get the message.
what was her name/username?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:49 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Wachtell of all places has an influencer who posts on tiktok all the time, but I don't think she hawks products.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:49 pm
HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Wachtell of all places has an influencer who posts on tiktok all the time, but I don't think she hawks products.
Name???

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:52 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
nicholle knapp?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:51 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Name???
Daria Rose. No sponsorships I've seen but fairly risque content.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:34 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:51 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Name???
Daria Rose. No sponsorships I've seen but fairly risque content.
She was on the Bachelor, too, wasn’t she?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:20 pm

Black woman and a fedsoc member? She's gonna be on SCOTUS in 20 years. Or a US senator.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:38 pm

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:20 pm
Black woman and a fedsoc member? She's gonna be on SCOTUS in 20 years. Or a US senator.
Who are you referring to?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:14 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Who are you referring to?
Daria Rose.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
It's hard to believe she's actually conservative or libertarian though when her favorite law books consist of Sotomayor's biography and Strict Scrutiny, a podcast known for bashing fed soc and fed soc judges, is one of her favorite podcasts. Would be a different analysis if she included fed soc related books or podcasts in this tiktok, but that is not the case.

https://www.tiktok.com/@dariarosereal/v ... 3771303214
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:16 pm

Antetrust

New

Post by Antetrust » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:15 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
It's hard to believe she's actually conservative or libertarian though when her favorite law books consist of Sotomayor's biography and Strict Scrutiny, a podcast known for bashing fed soc and fed soc judges, is one of her favorite podcasts. Would be a different analysis if she included fed soc related books or podcasts in this tiktok, but that is not the case.

What are the odds that someone is interested in a content source despite its political bias?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:11 am

Antetrust wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:17 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What are the odds that someone is interested in a content source despite its political bias?
I mean or she is just fedsoc for the career boost. I've seen lots of people do that. I can get like Sotomayor books or the like, but it feels like as of late strict scrutiny is just like complaining about Alito and republican judges, which i actually cannot comprehend liking if you're a true fed soc fan. I mean look I don't blame strict scrutiny for their complaints (I share them!), but at this point it's more or less grievance hour.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:11 am
Antetrust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I mean or she is just fedsoc for the career boost. I've seen lots of people do that. I can get like Sotomayor books or the like, but it feels like as of late strict scrutiny is just like complaining about Alito and republican judges, which i actually cannot comprehend liking if you're a true fed soc fan. I mean look I don't blame strict scrutiny for their complaints (I share them!), but at this point it's more or less grievance hour.
It used to be more substantive, as recently as last year

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:47 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Antetrust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Since the Crooked Media buyout it hasn’t really targeted lawyers imo. Going more after the Pod Save America crowd than the old First Mondays crowd. Whereas Divided Argument is probably incomprehensible to a layperson and Advisory Opinions is in between.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:06 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Antetrust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Since the Crooked Media buyout it hasn’t really targeted lawyers imo. Going more after the Pod Save America crowd than the old First Mondays crowd. Whereas Divided Argument is probably incomprehensible to a layperson and Advisory Opinions is in between.
Leah Litman, one of the main Strict Scrutiny co-hosts, at least is very against fed soc judges in her public sphere (Twitter, at conferences, etc). The other co-hosts don't act as a counter balance

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Antetrust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

She probably is using fedsoc for the career boost. On her TikTok, she supports affirmative action, only criticizes Republican lawmakers (though the MAGA crowd do deserve it), is not sympathetic to religious liberty (303 Creative) but seems to be very sympathetic to Roe v Wade

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:00 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:06 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Antetrust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Leah Litman, one of the main Strict Scrutiny co-hosts, at least is very against fed soc judges in her public sphere (Twitter, at conferences, etc). The other co-hosts don't act as a counter balance
Sorry, I agree with this, I meant “targeted” in the sense of intended audience

thisismytlsuername

Bronze

Post by thisismytlsuername » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:00 am

Back to the original topic -- wow, Cece Xie had a legendarily bad take on this situation.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:42 am

thisismytlsuername wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:00 am
Back to the original topic -- wow, Cece Xie had a legendarily bad take on this situation.
What is it/who is she?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:42 am
thisismytlsuername wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:00 am
What is it/who is she?
She's a former Cooley associate (unrelated to the recent layoffs) who has made a name for herself as an ex-lawyer influencer. I think she might have a book deal for a book about how bad biglaw is. She's definitely insufferable, to use the word of a poster above.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”