Goodwin WFH Policy Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Goodwin WFH Policy

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:36 pm

Prospective lateral at Goodwin. Does anyone know their WFH policy? What’s the process? Did you ask during the interview process? Do they do full WFH hires at all? TIA!

Anonymous User

Re: Goodwin WFH Policy

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:24 pm

Associate at Goodwin. The official policy is you work two days out of Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and then one more day during the week of your choice and which could also be a Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.

Unofficially, it depends on your group. I rarely go to the office and most attorneys are the same, at least in New York. I go to the office, at most, one day a week in New York.

Goodwin is trying to retreat from full work from home. We still have a number of people fully remote, but only in locations where we don't have offices currently.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:48 pm

Goodwin SV associate here. Agree with all that my colleague above said, but would add that Goodwin West Coast seems to care less about where folks work from than Boston. While I come in most days, I'm one of maybe 6-7 people (not counting professional staff and first years, who were told the had to come in) that do that. At least in my group, you don't really ever have to come in if you're work is good enough that partners and senior associates trust you to get stuff done.

Generally remote hiring seems less robust, but I wouldn't be surprised if we kept doing it in Seattle, Denver and TX given the number of folks we had there. We'll also do remote hires if there's a good business reason (e.g. we just hired a couple people in Pittsburgh that previously worked with the Troutman healthcare folks that came over).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:15 pm

Thank you both!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”