Hill jobs Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Hill jobs

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:08 pm

T6 student who missed the big law train. Always been interested in politics but never worked on the hill (significant adjacent work though). What long-term options would be open if I started a fellowship on the hill post-grad and ended up on a committee as counsel? Would I be able to transition into some sort of regulatory role, eg agency, eventually?

Anonymous User

Re: Hill jobs

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:12 pm

Hill jobs are like a lot of work and networking to get into. Wouldn't really count on this to be your fallback. I'd apply to biglaw jobs and simultaneously try to network your way in. If you solely focus on the Hill stuff you may end up unemployed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:12 pm
Hill jobs are like a lot of work and networking to get into. Wouldn't really count on this to be your fallback. I'd apply to biglaw jobs and simultaneously try to network your way in. If you solely focus on the Hill stuff you may end up unemployed.
This does not respond to the question. And there are fellowship positions to facilitate networking into full time jobs

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:41 pm

I used to work on the Hill. I think exit strategies depend highly on what sort of thing you’re doing. Doing FDA law as committee counsel? Almost certainly can exit to big law as a regulatory lawyer. But some things would give virtually no chance of that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”