Greener Grass (Corp to Lit)? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Greener Grass (Corp to Lit)?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:14 am

Anyone switch from a corporate practice to litigation as a biglaw junior and have it go well? Currently not liking transactional, but never tried litigation during my summer. I think my firm would let me change though.

Anonymous User

Re: Greener Grass (Corp to Lit)?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:43 pm

Would consider why you're not happy in corporate and if the lit work you'd do as a junior would actually be more fulfilling.

Lawman1865

Bronze

Re: Greener Grass (Corp to Lit)?

Post by Lawman1865 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:14 am
Anyone switch from a corporate practice to litigation as a biglaw junior and have it go well? Currently not liking transactional, but never tried litigation during my summer. I think my firm would let me change though.
I have heard of people switching in either direction and it really depends on each person, I don't think there is one that is necessarily "better". If you haven't tried litigation before, I would hesitate to reach out yet about switching your entire practice without some more in-depth thinking. Maybe find some pro bono litigation projects and see how you like it. Once you have changed over, assuming they allow it, I would imagine it is much more difficult to switch back to corporate.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”