Best Firms for Litigation in Austin? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
QuodErat

New

Best Firms for Litigation in Austin?

Post by QuodErat » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:05 pm

I've seen a lot about Houston and Dallas -- but I'm curious about the third leg of the triangle. Anybody know which are the best big law / boutiques for litigation in Austin?

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Best Firms for Litigation in Austin?

Post by Pneumonia » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:05 pm

The Chambers rankings are pretty accurate for this: https://chambers.com/legal-rankings/lit ... 28:20801:1. Also consider (in no particular order) Quinn, O'Melveney, Thompson Knight, Alexander Dubose, and Butler Snow.

As with anything, "best" will depend on your goals and preferences.

Anonymous User

Re: Best Firms for Litigation in Austin?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:12 am

I'm not in lit but I always heard (from fellow UT grads) that Scott Douglass was one of the more sought after boutiques in town, i.e., needed top grades for any chance, and had a relatively short partnership track, something like 5ish years. Granted that was several years ago and haven't checked back into lit market since a lot more of the nationwide firms have started coming into town.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”