Remote Positions Paying Market? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Remote Positions Paying Market?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:11 am

Hello All,

Besides Quinn Emanuel, are there any other firms paying market/close to market for *fully* remote positions? Hoping to move to a smaller/cheaper city, but still maintain the high salary.
2nd/3rd year associate.

Or, positions that are essentially remote but may be required to visit an office location maybe once a month or so.

Anonymous User

Re: Remote Positions Paying Market?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:11 am
Hello All,

Besides Quinn Emanuel, are there any other firms paying market/close to market for *fully* remote positions? Hoping to move to a smaller/cheaper city, but still maintain the high salary.
2nd/3rd year associate.

Or, positions that are essentially remote but may be required to visit an office location maybe once a month or so.
That is the big question. I think there are firms/groups out there, but I think people are keeping these under wraps to ensure they don't get too many people or something. Multiple attempts have been made to create a list of firms, but they never took off.

At my firm, there is nothing like this, but I have managed to get it be fully remote by claiming this on health reasons as a result of COVID (long story). So I think you might always be able to get this arranged before starting at a new firm regardless of what the policy is, but it is not easy.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 pm

I know of people with these gigs but they’re case-by-case. Like e.g. a senior associate moved his family to Omaha during the Covid era and the firm just let him stay there rather than lose him to an Omaha firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:25 pm

There are also more than a handful of places (myself included) where I work in a satellite office and all of my group is in a different office. I technically have an 3 day in office requirement but it is enforced by no one and no one in my office cares since I don't work with any of them. I go in maybe 1-4 times a month for days on long calls because I have dogs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:15 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Hello All,

2nd/3rd year associate.

That is the big question. I think there are firms/groups out there, but I think people are keeping these under wraps to ensure they don't get too many people or something. Multiple attempts have been made to create a list of firms, but they never took off.

At my firm, there is nothing like this, but I have managed to get it be fully remote by claiming this on health reasons as a result of COVID (long story). So I think you might always be able to get this arranged before starting at a new firm regardless of what the policy is, but it is not easy.
I agree. I just secured a fully remote position through a recruiter at Gibson. During the interview process it was not a benefit they advertised at all and did feel sort of secretive. But, nobody during the long four hour set of call back interviews had been to the office more than like once a week. I'm very excited - still plan to rent outside of [satellite major city] as its pretty cheap there, but don't plan to go in more than a handful of times a month.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:08 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:15 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Hello All,

2nd/3rd year associate.

I agree. I just secured a fully remote position through a recruiter at Gibson. During the interview process it was not a benefit they advertised at all and did feel sort of secretive. But, nobody during the long four hour set of call back interviews had been to the office more than like once a week. I'm very excited - still plan to rent outside of [satellite major city] as its pretty cheap there, but don't plan to go in more than a handful of times a month.
OP here.
WOW! Congrats! That's great. Did you bring up your desire to be remote during the interview process? Or, did the recruiter find the remote position?
Also, if it's the latter, would you be willing to let me know who the recruiter is so I can reach out?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”