What is going on with the lateral market? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What is going on with the lateral market?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:22 am

What is going on with the lateral market? I am in an AM100. Fifth year lit. Looking to make a move and I have never had this much push back or difficulty locking down interviews or getting call backs. The offers I am getting are so low they are laughable. What the hell is going on?

Moneytrees

Silver

Re: What is going on with the lateral market?

Post by Moneytrees » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:22 am
What is going on with the lateral market? I am in an AM100. Fifth year lit. Looking to make a move and I have never had this much push back or difficulty locking down interviews or getting call backs. The offers I am getting are so low they are laughable. What the hell is going on?
It's a down market right now. Thousands of people are getting fired across many industries. Probably not the best time to be lateraling.

DiligentSage

New

Post by DiligentSage » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Which specific geographic market? And what type of lit?

But generally agree with the above that this is going to be tough sledding altogether in the current environment.

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:29 am

DiligentSage wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:26 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Which specific geographic market? And what type of lit?

But generally agree with the above that this is going to be tough sledding altogether in the current environment.
And then you have idiots who ask me who I used as a recruiter, engage the recruiter and use the v10 offer to leverage their current v50 firm to up their out of market salary. And then turn the v10 down and waste everyone’s time. Yes - just happened last week.

Think it’s practice dependent and which recruiter you use (real connections at firms and don’t need to spam everyone’s inbox?).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”