Womble Bond Dickinson? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Womble Bond Dickinson?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:42 pm

Does anyone have any info on Womble Bond Dickinson? Looks like a pretty big firm that is expanding (recently merged with a firm in SF) but would appreciate any info on salary, lifestyle, billables, etc. as I cant seem to find much online.

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: Womble Bond Dickinson?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:42 pm
Does anyone have any info on Womble Bond Dickinson? Looks like a pretty big firm that is expanding (recently merged with a firm in SF) but would appreciate any info on salary, lifestyle, billables, etc. as I cant seem to find much online.

Thanks in advance!
I would liken them to Greenberg Traurig. Nothing special. Below-market comp and probably by a good bit once you hit 3rd or 4th year. Probably somewhat better lifestyle than true biglaw firms, but still going to be billing 1900+

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:58 am
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks in advance!
I would liken them to Greenberg Traurig. Nothing special. Below-market comp and probably by a good bit once you hit 3rd or 4th year. Probably somewhat better lifestyle than true biglaw firms, but still going to be billing 1900+
Womble attorney here. The vast majority of associates at Womble are not billing 1900+. Although it definitely helps your partnership prospects a lot if you crack 1900-2000, the norm is more 1600-1800.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:24 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Womble attorney here. The vast majority of associates at Womble are not billing 1900+. Although it definitely helps your partnership prospects a lot if you crack 1900-2000, the norm is more 1600-1800.
OP here: Thanks for the insight--the hours seem a lot more manageable. Any insight as to salary range for major markets? Looks like it might be blackbox but i cant even find a base for 1st years online. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:49 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:24 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks in advance!
OP here: Thanks for the insight--the hours seem a lot more manageable. Any insight as to salary range for major markets? Looks like it might be blackbox but i cant even find a base for 1st years online. Thanks!
Base for first years is $205k. First three years are lockstep, then after that it is more performance based and there can be a decent amount of variance among people in the same class year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MergerQueen

New

Post by MergerQueen » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:47 pm

Most offices are no more than a couple dozen attorneys. It's only substantially sized in terms of aggregation. Work quality likely falls below that of the middle market. It more so resembles a conglomeration of tiny firms than a "BigLaw" firm (traditionally conceived). No shame in taking the offer in this market, and it does have some name recognition if you want to lateral in the future. But certainly nothing to write home about.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:15 pm

MergerQueen wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:47 pm
Most offices are no more than a couple dozen attorneys. It's only substantially sized in terms of aggregation. Work quality likely falls below that of the middle market. It more so resembles a conglomeration of tiny firms than a "BigLaw" firm (traditionally conceived). No shame in taking the offer in this market, and it does have some name recognition if you want to lateral in the future. But certainly nothing to write home about.
I don’t understand what you mean by the work quality likely falls below middle market. It is by definition middle market.

It’s basically a standard/generic regional biglaw firm that isn’t regional anymore because they have swallowed up firms in a lot of jurisdictions. As someone above mentioned, starting pay around 205k, black box after that, much smaller bonuses than biglaw, lower hours requirement. If that’s your thing, then sure go for it

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”