Still haven't heard from summering firm Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Still haven't heard from summering firm

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:38 pm

My V50 still haven't sent us any information about the summer program. It's just been radio silence after I accepted, except for a dinner that a couple of their associates treated us when they were in town for a school event. Is this normal? I feel like everyone else has heard from their firms already.

ksm6969

Bronze

Re: Still haven't heard from summering firm

Post by ksm6969 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:51 pm

Normal. Wait till late next spring then ask.

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:06 pm

Terrible communication is par for the course in BigLaw. Nothing to worry about with regard to your offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:38 pm
My V50 still haven't sent us any information about the summer program. It's just been radio silence after I accepted, except for a dinner that a couple of their associates treated us when they were in town for a school event. Is this normal? I feel like everyone else has heard from their firms already.
Very normal. I don't think I heard anything really until late second semester from my firm although this was a bit ago.

CLS2023A

New

Post by CLS2023A » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:48 pm

Current 3L. Didn't hear from my firm about the SA until the second semester of 2L. Did get some holiday swag though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymizer

New

Post by Anonymizer » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:15 pm

If you accepted already, then you’re probably locked in. They just aren’t going to prioritize communicating with you. Get used to it. After you’re an associate they won’t prioritize communication either.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:31 pm

OP here, thanks guys. Glad to hear that my job isn't at risk but also kind of resigned to hear that bad communication will be par for the course :(

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:31 pm
OP here, thanks guys. Glad to hear that my job isn't at risk but also kind of resigned to hear that bad communication will be par for the course :(
Bad communication from firm admin folks like recruiting and HR is the norm. Actual lawyers (the people you’ll primarily be dealing with everyday) are more responsive

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”