Polsinelli vs. Seyfarth vs. Akerman - ATL? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
goldgirl786

Bronze

Polsinelli vs. Seyfarth vs. Akerman - ATL?

Post by goldgirl786 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:02 pm

I am a 5th year considering a lateral move to either Polsinelli, Akerman or Seyfarth. Any insight into what to expect comp wise? How's work life balance in these places and bonus structure? Any feedback is greatly appreciated! I know they're not all market (I don't think), but I'm OK to take a slight hit if that means I'll have somewhat of a decent life. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Polsinelli vs. Seyfarth vs. Akerman - ATL?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:40 pm

Pretty sure Seyfarth is by far the best paying and most prestigious of the options. Seyfarth has a below market lockstep, you can find it on ATL I think. Pols is blackbox I think, by reputation pretty compressed. Akerman cut salaries in 2020 https://www.google.com/amp/s/abovethela ... e/%3famp=1

Not sure any of these is a WL firm, I think they all have billable requirements etc. Maybe not as much a sweatshop as some others.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:21 pm

Worked at one of the firms in a different office. I think if you’re corporate, Akerman is the best paying. I heard they were almost at market at all years for corporate associates.

I know midlevels we’re getting mid/high-200s in other groups, so I don’t think it’s as far off market.

Polsinelli pays $200k, but my friend is a counsel there and makes $230k.

goldgirl786

Bronze

Post by goldgirl786 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:21 pm
Worked at one of the firms in a different office. I think if you’re corporate, Akerman is the best paying. I heard they were almost at market at all years for corporate associates.

I know midlevels we’re getting mid/high-200s in other groups, so I don’t think it’s as far off market.

Polsinelli pays $200k, but my friend is a counsel there and makes $230k.
Good info! Do you think a 5th year associate would make more than counsel? I'm trying to make sure I don't get lowballed with an offer. I was expecting at least mid 200s? Also, any info on bonuses? There's literally no info!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:19 pm

Seyfarth associate here. We have a 1950 billable requirement for raise and bonus. 5th years in most offices make $280k base. However, depending on where you’re coming from, the firm may try to bring you in as a 3rd or 4th year. Bonuses are based on billable hours and there’s also discretionary bonuses.

For what it’s worth, I love Seyfarth and the people that I work with. The firm has a lot of upside. Happy to respond to questions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:19 pm
Seyfarth associate here. We have a 1950 billable requirement for raise and bonus. 5th years in most offices make $280k base. However, depending on where you’re coming from, the firm may try to bring you in as a 3rd or 4th year. Bonuses are based on billable hours and there’s also discretionary bonuses.

For what it’s worth, I love Seyfarth and the people that I work with. The firm has a lot of upside. Happy to respond to questions.
Hours requirement for raise is a huge red flag imo

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”