White & Case International Arbitration Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

White & Case International Arbitration

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:56 pm

Does anyone here have any insights on White & Case’s IA group (culture, hours, whether they take laterals, etc.).

Also, I am obviously interested in lateralling to that group, but don’t know how to start..any advice would be appreciated.

Anonymous User

Re: White & Case International Arbitration

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:20 pm

Bump.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:34 am

I summered at White & Case and can you give my limited perspective on the group. First, it is a relatively small group. For summers, they make it clear that they only take a couple of first year pool associates into the group and they recommended that we start networking during the summer to make it happen. The hours are pretty rough, even for big law and seemingly less predictable than other litigation practices.

Pre-Covid, travel was expected which might interest some people, but a lot of the associates seemed exhausted at the thought of it returning back to its peak. Routinely, the associates always seemed tired.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:49 pm

It seemed like they had high attrition in the past year and a few folks got retooled to do commercial lit. Would drill on it and ask around to see if there's enough work to go around, if I were you. Also, they do mostly latam arbitration and Spanish/Portuguese proficiency is instrumental, fwiw.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”