choosing firm based on how the interviewer(s) look Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

choosing firm based on how the interviewer(s) look

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:56 pm

plz don't drag me for this

i am genuinely torn between three v20 firms. they all rotate around each other on the vault rankings year-after-year and are very close on the ranking...they all lean corporate and they all have a self-proclaimed "chill but hardworking" culture...i got solid vibes from all the interviews. let's be honest they are all the same

all else equal, does it make sense to make your decision based on how physically attractive the interviewers are? i am happily married and have no plans to pursue any workplace relationship – i know that would be a major breach of professional responsibility that would impact not only my own reputation but that of my classmates and my HYS. also, this is not sexist bc i am factoring in man looks not just woman looks (and they/them looks but I haven't met any they/them attorneys at any of the V20s that came to my HYS's OCI). however, i just think i do more high-quality work and am more motivated to excel when i am around more attractive people. if the "vibes" of the interviewer can be a decisive indicator of fit, why not looks?

if not, what else should i consider to break this tie? i swear to you all these firms are the same they give the exact same spiel and all do "complex deals" and "bet-the-company litigation" it's like...something's gotta give lmaoooooooooo

PS = none of these firms are Kirkland so plz no Kirkland worship in this thread...very few ppl above median at my HYS are considering Kirkland which is why Kirkland has to stoop to recruiting from VBMD...also none of them are Gibson Dunn so like #FreeDonziger but that's also for a different thread

becodalapa

New

Re: choosing firm based on how the interviewer(s) look

Post by becodalapa » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:35 pm

D- trolling effort. surely someone from HYS (isn't it YSC now?) can do better than this.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:50 pm

This place is becoming like that far side comics of a herd of sheep being entirely wolfs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:53 pm

becodalapa wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:35 pm
D- trolling effort. surely someone from HYS (isn't it YSC now?) can do better than this.
Yeah if this was the anon from earlier who was taking lessons about trolling, this may be worse (but hey, my LSAT score went down before it went up).

A few notes:

1. The V20s moving around is normal and while most are similar, there are generally some distinctions
2. The first weird drop of HYS/reputation is too obvious. Say T6, and more importantly work in that you go to a preftigious school in a more subtle way
3. the weird addition of "they/them" in a place that even the most woke person wouldn't include it really tips your hand
4. what is the kirkland stuff doing in there? That's so obviously baiting K&E people that it's not even worth the time. The GDC #freedonziger is in the same boat. Also, neither of those are what people mean when they say V20s

All in all, this is an amateurish attempt at trolling 1/10. Here's one way to rewrite this to make your troll better:

Hey TLS, I'm really struggling to choose between three V10s. All three have my practice group interests and seem to be generally about the same as far as I can tell. I even thought of separating them on selectivity, but at my T6 there really isn't that much of a difference on cb:offer ratio. At this point, the only way I can differentiate them is by how my interviewers looked. At one, the (equity) partner interviewing me was a total baddie, while at the other two I wasn't sure if they could still be classified as people. Would I be wrong to pick the obviously more attractive firm (which for the inevitable trolls, isn't K&E)?

For the record I'm interested in DC lit and these firms are all the same. I'm also sitting on a GDC offer but I really didn't feel like they were worth my intellect. Thoughts, TLS?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:53 pm
becodalapa wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:35 pm
Hey TLS, I'm really struggling to choose between three V10s. All three have my practice group interests and seem to be generally about the same as far as I can tell. I even thought of separating them on selectivity, but at my T6 there really isn't that much of a difference on cb:offer ratio. At this point, the only way I can differentiate them is by how my interviewers looked. At one, the (equity) partner interviewing me was a total baddie, while at the other two I wasn't sure if they could still be classified as people. Would I be wrong to pick the obviously more attractive firm (which for the inevitable trolls, isn't K&E)?

For the record I'm interested in DC lit and these firms are all the same. I'm also sitting on a GDC offer but I really didn't feel like they were worth my intellect. Thoughts, TLS?
10/10 rewrite, well done.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”