Did I strike out? When to start stressing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Did I strike out? When to start stressing

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:22 pm

Below median at a lower T13 and had over 20 screeners last week, all NY transactional. Think I picked a good amount firms that are not too grade selective to maximize my chances. Last screeners were Friday, I've received 4 rejections and no callbacks. Knowing so many firms are offering callbacks same day and next day, can I consider myself struck out?

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Re: Did I strike out? When to start stressing

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:30 pm

You didn’t strike out yet and could get a few CBs this week potentially, but you should also be mass mailing NYC, your school’s market, and your home market.

anonymous72722

New

Post by anonymous72722 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:08 am

Res Ipsa Loquitter wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:30 pm
You didn’t strike out yet and could get a few CBs this week potentially, but you should also be mass mailing NYC, your school’s market, and your home market.
Do you have recommendations for how to frame that mass mailing?

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:51 pm

anonymous72722 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:08 am
Start immediately, attach resume and transcript to all emails. Make sure resume isn’t weird or badly formatted.

In the body of the email, just say you didn’t have an opportunity to interview with them during [insert school’s] on campus recruiting, but would greatly appreciate an opportunity to interview for an SA position

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:17 am

It’s too early to freak out. If two weeks have gone by, then you should freak out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cfcm

Silver

Post by cfcm » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:17 am
It’s too early to freak out. If two weeks have gone by, then you should freak out.
Sure, just so long as during these two weeks while OP is not freaking out they are also mass mailing every firm in NYC + any market to which they have even vaguely plausible ties.

nealric

Post by nealric » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:43 am

cfcm wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:30 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:17 am
Sure, just so long as during these two weeks while OP is not freaking out they are also mass mailing every firm in NYC + any market to which they have even vaguely plausible ties.
This. Don't freak out- take action.

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:16 am

Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:51 pm
anonymous72722 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:08 am
Start immediately, attach resume and transcript to all emails. Make sure resume isn’t weird or badly formatted.

In the body of the email, just say you didn’t have an opportunity to interview with them during [insert school’s] on campus recruiting, but would greatly appreciate an opportunity to interview for an SA position
Forgot to mention: make sure your email says you want a corporate role (could also say corporate or restructuring, IF the firm actually does Rx)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:57 pm

Given the current market, you might also need to consider specifically mentioning you're interested in finance and funds when mass-mailing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:57 pm
Given the current market, you might also need to consider specifically mentioning you're interested in finance and funds when mass-mailing.
A sharp sword to fall on for sure, but better than being destitute

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:56 pm

And restructuring. Doesn't matter if a recession actually comes, firms think it is.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:49 pm

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:09 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Is funds really unpopular outside of just K&E? If so, why? But there's still plenty of funds work in a recession...? I'd think there'd still be less PE raises, but I guess there's normal regulatory registered funds stuff?

cadlaw

New

Post by cadlaw » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:49 pm
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:09 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Is funds really unpopular outside of just K&E? If so, why? But there's still plenty of funds work in a recession...? I'd think there'd still be less PE raises, but I guess there's normal regulatory registered funds stuff?
Also curious re the negative sentiment towards funds. I've always heard it has a better lifestyle than M&A.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”