Help me pick Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which firm?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:12 am

Cravath (NYC)
29%
Paul, Weiss (NYC)
9%
Covington (DC)
62%

Total votes: 92

starkid24

New

Help me pick

Post by starkid24 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:12 am

I can’t decide which firm to pick for next summer (looking at litigation for all three). Short-term NYC makes a lot more sense geographically, but I think I’d like the lit practice areas in DC more long term. Would one be hardest to get back into post-clerkship if I were to reject them now?

Anonymous User

Re: Help me pick

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:31 pm

You're gonna be above-average BL miserable no mattwr what. Pick your poison.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:15 pm

Covington DC is probably the hardest of the three to get back into post-clerkship.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:26 pm

At least at my CLS/NYU Cravath and Paul Weiss were actually fairly easy to get into—getting an offer from them was no big deal; still had to be above median but after that they gave a lot of offers. Covington DC on the other hand would reject those in the top 10% left and right. Have to imagine Covington DC is going to be very hard to get into after a clerkship.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:26 pm
At least at my CLS/NYU Cravath and Paul Weiss were actually fairly easy to get into—getting an offer from them was no big deal; still had to be above median but after that they gave a lot of offers. Covington DC on the other hand would reject those in the top 10% left and right. Have to imagine Covington DC is going to be very hard to get into after a clerkship.
Lit at PW has been quite competitive for the last two years because the firm has been trying to increase hiring for their corporate groups. Agreed that PW is still considerably less selective than Cov DC.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”