When do callbacks happen? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
McQueenFan00

New

When do callbacks happen?

Post by McQueenFan00 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:59 pm

Like does it generally happen near the end of the day?

overheadSPIDERS

New

Re: When do callbacks happen?

Post by overheadSPIDERS » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:27 pm

Not sure if you're asking when you get offered one or when they actually happen.

I've had callbacks start at 9:30am at the earliest and 2pm at the latest, though I suppose they could start later. I think one firm wanted to schedule me for an 8am callback so I just went with an afternoon one for them.

I've gotten phone calls inviting me to callbacks at various times of day, as late at 7pm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:58 pm

If you really have to ask this question on a forum then you might not find out the answer IRL... But seriously what CS department doesn't explain this in their OCI reference/training materials?

McQueenFan00

New

Post by McQueenFan00 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:58 pm
If you really have to ask this question on a forum then you might not find out the answer IRL... But seriously what CS department doesn't explain this in their OCI reference/training materials?
With this kind of know-how in verbal admonishment, I'm sure you will make partner in no time! I guess I shall return back to my T100 school's CS department with little biglaw recruitment experience and ask them. I can't wait to work at a firm with people like you! :)

McQueenFan00

New

Post by McQueenFan00 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:58 pm

overheadSPIDERS wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:27 pm
Not sure if you're asking when you get offered one or when they actually happen.

I've had callbacks start at 9:30am at the earliest and 2pm at the latest, though I suppose they could start later. I think one firm wanted to schedule me for an 8am callback so I just went with an afternoon one for them.

I've gotten phone calls inviting me to callbacks at various times of day, as late at 7pm.
Sorry for the confusion, I meant when do they actually call. I was hoping to be available to pick up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:35 pm

McQueenFan00 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:58 pm
overheadSPIDERS wrote:

Sorry for the confusion, I meant when do they actually call. I was hoping to be available to pick up.
Some of them call the morning after, or just in the morning period.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:06 am

Generally same day or the next day. I'm a 3L now but several of my call back emails and calls came in during evening hours.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:38 am

McQueenFan00 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:58 pm
overheadSPIDERS wrote:

Got one around 10 AM the morning after. The screener was in the afternoon around 2 PM.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:51 pm

I've done OCI for 4 years now. The answer is whenever the person has time to call you. They will probably avoid late-ish evening (after 8 PM) or early morning (before 9 AM) to be polite but otherwise it can come at any time.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:11 pm

We just sent them out via email. Don't worry about it either way, if you don't answer your phone they will email.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”