Is Law Students Connect a Good Idea? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
urbancowboy

New

Is Law Students Connect a Good Idea?

Post by urbancowboy » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:49 pm

Will my firm be concerned about me providing legal services during 3L? Are there any ethical issues?

TheGreatestGunner

New

Re: Is Law Students Connect a Good Idea?

Post by TheGreatestGunner » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:56 am

No ethical issues unless you work for someone adverse to someone your firm is representing, but I feel like this is super cheesy and would lower your personal brand. This site literally prides themselves on “looking below the top third”, so I mean, yeah that’s not a great look.

Ideally you could just go with Robert Half or some other legal temp outfits if you really want work that pays but somehow do not have connections to get it without whatever that site is.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:22 am

Law students have personal brands??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:38 pm

urbancowboy wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:49 pm
Will my firm be concerned about me providing legal services during 3L? Are there any ethical issues?
Just ask your firm. If you want to return to that firm, and they're cool with you freelancing during 3L, do it. Do not worry about how it'll be perceived, if only because the people who matter have already hired you.

scottcummings

New

Post by scottcummings » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:27 am

It's a great platform for law students to connect with lawyers and judges together for the best legal education. Law students can get a chance to work with their favorite law attorney and make their careers bright and successful.

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:28 pm

Im friends with the CEO. He’s a great guy. I cannot see how any firm would care if a law student did free lance work. Would they care if you did an internship or externship?

I routinely hire off the website and it’s great for both the attorney and the law student. Might be nice going into the firm with some real skills while everyone else has none.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”