NY Firms No-Offering Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NY Firms No-Offering

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:17 pm

(Not OP btw) Certainly there needs to be more corroboration, but is it hard to consider the possibility that the NY SAs are in group chats and word quickly spread that several of them were given the same cold offer talk during their reviews?
I don't know how eager NY SAs would be to spread the news about being cold offered. Putting that in a group chat seems a bit unlikely to me. Someone mentioned that there's a possibility that a large group of summers were involved in something particularly egregious and were therefore cold offered. This, though still unlikely, seems more plausible to me than a bunch of aggressive SAs outing themselves for being cold offered.

Edit: If the offer process in NY works anything like Chicago, no one has even brought up when our reviews would be yet for Chicago. Is KE NY already doing reviews?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:26 pm

years ago it would have been unthinkable to confess to someone you got no offered. the notion that people are casually sharing that news in a group chat seems crazy to me, does not align with how this stuff goes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:30 pm

Normally I live for toxic TLS threads with drama and gossip but as an NY SA with the final review/offer decision coming up next week, I am straight up not having a good time lol thx OP

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:32 pm

I have independently received corroboration of these cold offers

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:36 pm

Was one of the people cold-offered . . . Sent my partner a Tower 7 hoax videos at 330am while at Marquee

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:39 pm

Res Ipsa Loquitter wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:32 pm
Can you tell us any more if possible? Is this a mass cold offering relating to one event? Did a bunch of summers just for some reason mega shit the bed? Is this Kirkland trying to course correct and just cutting its bottom performers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:42 pm

This is an excellent troll. SAs so close they can taste it now cannot stop refreshing the thread.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:26 pm
years ago it would have been unthinkable to confess to someone you got no offered. the notion that people are casually sharing that news in a group chat seems crazy to me, does not align with how this stuff goes.
Zoomers overshare

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:57 pm

Summers be like "a partner told me my work was the best they've ever seen and they want to legally adopt me. Am I getting no offered???"

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:59 pm

Of all 20 of them? Lol. :roll:

I am anon because I work at K&E and don't want to out myself. We haven't even had reviews yet. The idea that 20 summers have been cold-offered is ridiculous. You should share the nature of this corroboration with us or at very least a mod. And note that one person that was cold offered sharing that they were doesn't corroborate 20 cold offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:13 pm

this is just a rumor right now

source: trust me bro (not /s)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:20 pm

What the hell even goes on at these end of summer reviews. My end of summer review was like a 3 minute sit down with a Partner and he had like this sheet in front of him and was like it says here you respond to emails and are a team player, good job we would like to make you an offer. It was easily the most milquetoast and useless "feedback" I have ever recieved. I really can't fathom how 20 Kirkland SAs could separately fuck up that bad to not survive what is perhaps the softest, most eggshell feedback they will ever have recieved in their entire life, pre-school report card included.

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:59 pm
Of all 20 of them? Lol. :roll:

I am anon because I work at K&E and don't want to out myself. We haven't even had reviews yet. The idea that 20 summers have been cold-offered is ridiculous. You should share the nature of this corroboration with us or at very least a mod. And note that one person that was cold offered sharing that they were doesn't corroborate 20 cold offers.
Sorry. I was slammed. Meant to add, that I heard about cold offers but No clue if # is 20

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:42 pm

... do we know what any of the cold offers did? I know someone said insult a partner/behave egregiously, but any more context?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:30 pm

neurotic summer, but is it grounds for no offer in this climate to have missed an internal due date as a result of miscommunication but many summers asked for an extension and the due date got moved and I got the work product in well in advance of the moved due date? Apologized and was told not to worry abt it but, yknow, anxious

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:30 pm
neurotic summer, but is it grounds for no offer in this climate to have missed an internal due date as a result of miscommunication but many summers asked for an extension and the due date got moved and I got the work product in well in advance of the moved due date? Apologized and was told not to worry abt it but, yknow, anxious
You're fine.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:51 pm

What a heinous thread. Some SA (or maybe a few) likely got an offer convo that provided positive and negative feedback, and it's transmuted into a mass culling of Purple, Monkey & Dishwasher LLP SAs.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BrowsingTLS

Bronze

Post by BrowsingTLS » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:11 am

Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:15 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:02 pm
For sure, I'm not taking anything personally, sorry if it comes across that way. I do have a problem with people insinuating that i should be un-anon'd or insinuating that i'm lying. I'm only posting in accordance with the purpose of this thread. I believe what my friend said it and that friend has no reason to lie. What I said is based on "evidence" that I got as opposed to what anyone else chooses to believe or say, unless that person can conclusively disprove that what my friend said is false.

In terms of how "flimsy", this info is- I mean, someone who works for the company told me this. Like i said, I'm happy to be disproven. In terms of verification, what I mean is that I can verify what was said was said, and the info is coming from someone who would/could have knowledge of that matter, in terms of a SA at Kirkland and that they are asserting it as true.
I only said you should un-anon'd if it turns out that you were trolling the board by fabricating the story wholecloth.
Honestly didn't think the user should be banned for posting an obviously false story, but piling on more incredible lies because they don't want to be de-anon'd has moved me in favor of banning them. Or at least outing them.

Dumbass posts. K&E did not no-offer 20 summer associates. And I don't even work there.

Edit: Nevermind. The mods outted the user. No I'm not lying about them outing the user. I can verify it. A completely real summer associate who I'm not making up and who is summering with TLS told me that the mods outted the user. He also told me that TLS is no-offering 20 of its summers. totally real.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:41 am

BrowsingTLS wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:11 am
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:15 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:02 pm
For sure, I'm not taking anything personally, sorry if it comes across that way. I do have a problem with people insinuating that i should be un-anon'd or insinuating that i'm lying. I'm only posting in accordance with the purpose of this thread. I believe what my friend said it and that friend has no reason to lie. What I said is based on "evidence" that I got as opposed to what anyone else chooses to believe or say, unless that person can conclusively disprove that what my friend said is false.

In terms of how "flimsy", this info is- I mean, someone who works for the company told me this. Like i said, I'm happy to be disproven. In terms of verification, what I mean is that I can verify what was said was said, and the info is coming from someone who would/could have knowledge of that matter, in terms of a SA at Kirkland and that they are asserting it as true.
I only said you should un-anon'd if it turns out that you were trolling the board by fabricating the story wholecloth.
Honestly didn't think the user should be banned for posting an obviously false story, but piling on more incredible lies because they don't want to be de-anon'd has moved me in favor of banning them. Or at least outing them.

Dumbass posts. K&E did not no-offer 20 summer associates. And I don't even work there.

Edit: Nevermind. The mods outted the user. No I'm not lying about them outing the user. I can verify it. A completely real summer associate who I'm not making up and who is summering with TLS told me that the mods outted the user. He also told me that TLS is no-offering 20 of its summers. totally real.
It's especially egregious when you take into account how laid back Kirkland's SA program is. OP's post has done nothing but induce further anxiety and create a frenzy. To be cold offered at Kirkland, you have to have really offended someone in an objectively profound way. It would have to be blatantly poor behavior such as being transparently and hideously nasty to others. Anyone that actually works in a Kirkland office should be able to call bullshit on the claims that people are getting cold offered for not responding to emails or missing work deadlines.

Further, NY's Kirkland office is full of gunners. The idea that there are 20 of them that are unaware, careless, or dumb enough to behave in such an obnoxious fashion is ludicrous. One or two? Sure. With a summer class of 400, you'll have some rotten ones. More than a handful in one office? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Crazystallion

New

Post by Crazystallion » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:44 am

Best advice ever for Summers? Don't drink. I know I know, but trust me on this.

temp69420

New

Post by temp69420 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:28 am

Crazystallion wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:44 am
Best advice ever for Summers? Don't drink. I know I know, but trust me on this.
Good life advice more generally. Keep it to a drink or two, or at least try to be the least drunk person at every event. The opportunities for saying/doing something stupid and damaging your career never end.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:46 am

We (Kirkland) emphatically are not going to be cold-offering summers. My goodness does this place get absurd sometimes.

Anon for obvious reasons.

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:20 am

My source on the inside, who had been refusing to reveal his/her source, just revealed that their source was actually this thread. So now I have no clue what’s going on.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:22 am

If I were KE I'd have staff post here at this point tbh.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:28 am

Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:20 am
My source on the inside, who had been refusing to reveal his/her source, just revealed that their source was actually this thread. So now I have no clue what’s going on.
I think you just confirmed nothing is happening. If anything, some KE summers know they deserve to be cold-offered and now they got all paranoid due to this troll and the whole thing has spiraled.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”