Other Law Msg Board Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Other Law Msg Board

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:40 am

Anon because employment history is in my msg history.

Recently went from biglaw senior associate to smallish firm in secondary market. At the biglaw firm I was doing mostly M&A and could pretty much handle anything within my wheelhouse.

Here, "corporate attorneys" have a much broader practice, including cap markets, venture and credit, and anything else remotely related that comes through the door. Because it is a smallish firm, the other general corporate attorneys here don't have much more experience and aren't that reliable when asking for their thoughts.

Are there any msg boards like this where ppl discuss actual practice related issues and can get weigh in on things that come up?

I know there is a reddit /lawfirms, but that seems like it is more ppl asking questions about how to run their small firms, and less discussing actual substantive practice questions.

Thanks in advance!

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: Other Law Msg Board

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:55 pm

There's another chatbort, but any mention of it is unironically censored by the people who run TLS

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:02 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:55 pm
There's another chatbort, but any mention of it is unironically censored by the people who run TLS
In fairness (yes, the censorship is dumb), that board also wouldn't have what OP is looking for. I'm not aware of a board that fits the description.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:07 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:02 pm
The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:55 pm
In fairness (yes, the censorship is dumb), that board also wouldn't have what OP is looking for. I'm not aware of a board that fits the description.
True. Anonymous online discussion of substantive legal issues has more than a few intrinsic problems

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:31 pm

TheCorporateCounsel.net and a lot of their other sites listed on the home page did wonders for me when I was in a broad practice without much internal guidance. Not really a message board but they do have a Q&A

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:13 pm

In my home state, I believe there are practice group listservs run by the state bar association that serve this function to an extent—maybe something to look into?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”