Big Law Odds at OCI? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawguy2355

New

Big Law Odds at OCI?

Post by lawguy2355 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:39 am

NY T60/70 school, 3.4 GPA, slightly above 25%. No moot court or journals. Do I have any shot at landing a summer associate position in Big Law?

lawguy2355

New

Re: Big Law Odds at OCI?

Post by lawguy2355 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:41 pm

OP here, I'm also a POC and part of a dispute resolution group that competes against other schools.

axiomaticapiary

New

Post by axiomaticapiary » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:49 am

Look at your school's ABA employment numbers to find out what percentage go to large firms. Ask your career counselor for information on what percentage of students get offers from large firms at OCI (they definitely can give you a ballpark number)

If you go to law school at Cardozo (the only NY school I can see around 60-70 on U.S. News), 18% of your graduates went to biglaw firms last year. A decent number probably never wanted to or tried. So, if you are in the top 25% and are POC, you should have some reasonable (but not guaranteed) shot at biglaw

otisreadingcomp

New

Post by otisreadingcomp » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:06 pm

lawguy2355 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:39 am
NY T60/70 school, 3.4 GPA, slightly above 25%. No moot court or journals. Do I have any shot at landing a summer associate position in Big Law?
Sorry, but there's no real handicapping your odds here for getting a biglaw job in NYC. You just have to put out applications and see what happens. Apply broadly, network, and practice for interviews -- do everything within your power. In the words of NBA legend Kevin Garnett, "[a]nything is possible!"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”