Nerd Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Nerd

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 19, 2022 9:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:27 pm
It’s all true. I wish it was exaggerated. Left KE last yr and heard much of this, including the heart attack story, from RE associates. Admittedly, I heard the associate who had the heart attack wasn’t the best associate so he probably was going to get a negative review anyways. But still…
Whoever posted this is a total nerd

Anonymous User

Re: Nerd

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 20, 2022 7:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:40 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
It’s all true. I wish it was exaggerated. Left KE last yr and heard much of this, including the heart attack story, from RE associates. Admittedly, I heard the associate who had the heart attack wasn’t the best associate so he probably was going to get a negative review anyways. But still…
Nerd or total jerk??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 20, 2022 9:46 pm

Are you the heart attack guy? Were you actually a bad associate? I’ve heard through the KE grapevine that you were a pretty bad associate. Apparently meeting deadlines wasn’t exactly in your skill set.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 20, 2022 10:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:46 pm
Are you the heart attack guy? Were you actually a bad associate? I’ve heard through the KE grapevine that you were a pretty bad associate. Apparently meeting deadlines wasn’t exactly in your skill set.
Haha. What a weird post.

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Fri May 20, 2022 10:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:46 pm
Sick burn, man. Are you always this bold, or are you on your second White Claw tonight?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 21, 2022 8:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 7:31 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Nerd or total jerk??
Yeah not saying the post shouldn't draw ire, but nerd wouldn't have been my first choice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 21, 2022 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:01 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Nerd or total jerk??
Yeah not saying the post shouldn't draw ire, but nerd wouldn't have been my first choice.
Maybe I'm wrong - but I took that comment to mean that the review was independent of the heart attack. Like the associate was not very responsive/good and the review was written based on that performance and not his unresponsiveness during a medical emergency.

Still, they should have held off on giving the review given the timing of the heart attack, but I don't think the person who made that comment was trying to disparage the associate. Think just pointing out that it was independent, although the timing was piss poor from an optics point of view.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 21, 2022 3:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 1:42 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:01 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Nerd or total jerk??
Maybe I'm wrong - but I took that comment to mean that the review was independent of the heart attack. Like the associate was not very responsive/good and the review was written based on that performance and not his unresponsiveness during a medical emergency.

Still, they should have held off on giving the review given the timing of the heart attack, but I don't think the person who made that comment was trying to disparage the associate. Think just pointing out that it was independent, although the timing was piss poor from an optics point of view.
A better firm would have handled it with more class. End of story. Step back and see the big picture

If the associate needed to be “counseled out” there is a way to do that with class

Firm seems more akin to an investment bank in its current form than anything. Ruthless

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Legal Employment”