Any truth to the rumor Sidley (Chi) rescinded a popular tiktoker's summer offer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Saami

New

Re: Any truth to the rumor Sidley (Chi) rescinded a popular tiktoker's summer offer?

Post by Saami » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:52 am

Res Ipsa Loquitter wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:34 pm
Yes, I think T14 students are mostly disturbed individuals
LOL

Anonymous User

Re: Any truth to the rumor Sidley (Chi) rescinded a popular tiktoker's summer offer?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:52 pm
So I went to NU and interacted with this guy when he was a 1L (I was an LLM). I had raised concern about his activities on TikTok to a few people as he was doing the classic 1L thing where you are giving what you think is general legal commentary but in reality you are giving legal advice.

At the time I was already a licensed attorney and expressed how this is not permitted to some of my peers who were also aware of his Tik Tok presence. There was even some indication that he was charging for why he called “legal lessons”.

From an interpersonal perspective, this guy was a hot head when I met him. He had a reputation based on my conversations with other NU students, and it always put a bad taste in my mouth when I would see him.

I haven’t seen or interacted with him in over a year but all signs point to him continuing this behavior.

Just my two cents.
Can you explain how you were able to meet him? All of the 1L classes were remote (barely anyone was on campus), nor were any Tax LLM's in any 1L doctrinals or electives.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:17 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
So I went to NU and interacted with this guy when he was a 1L (I was an LLM). I had raised concern about his activities on TikTok to a few people as he was doing the classic 1L thing where you are giving what you think is general legal commentary but in reality you are giving legal advice.

At the time I was already a licensed attorney and expressed how this is not permitted to some of my peers who were also aware of his Tik Tok presence. There was even some indication that he was charging for why he called “legal lessons”.

From an interpersonal perspective, this guy was a hot head when I met him. He had a reputation based on my conversations with other NU students, and it always put a bad taste in my mouth when I would see him.

I haven’t seen or interacted with him in over a year but all signs point to him continuing this behavior.

Just my two cents.
Can you explain how you were able to meet him? All of the 1L classes were remote (barely anyone was on campus), nor were any Tax LLM's in any 1L doctrinals or electives.
Not the person that wrote that post but everyone had the option of attending the campus for one class once per week during the fall term. In my section, maybe 15-20 people decided to attend and since it was the first time we hung out together in person, a social group was formed. In fall, you couldn't hang out at the campus after class but I think by spring, the library was open to students (with fewer restrictions than in the fall), the rooftop was open, there were some study rooms, common areas. I'm not trying to speak for this person, just suggesting it may have been an introduction made through other students. I met a few LLMs and affinity group members that way.

Xarta36

New

Post by Xarta36 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:24 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:17 pm
Anonymous User wrote:

Just my two cents.
Not the person that wrote that post but everyone had the option of attending the campus for one class once per week during the fall term. In my section, maybe 15-20 people decided to attend and since it was the first time we hung out together in person, a social group was formed. In fall, you couldn't hang out at the campus after class but I think by spring, the library was open to students (with fewer restrictions than in the fall), the rooftop was open, there were some study rooms, common areas. I'm not trying to speak for this person, just suggesting it may have been an introduction made through other students. I met a few LLMs and affinity group members that way.
Before he really took off on TikTok I came across his live and mentioned that I was going to be in the program and offered to send him some materials. I happened to run into him one day when I think he had legal writing, and then saw him randomly the rest of the year. I also was a member of one of the affinity groups and had conversations with some of his classmates throughout the year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 18, 2022 4:40 pm

Tiktoker is now at a Texas firm.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

QwertyKeys

New

Post by QwertyKeys » Wed May 18, 2022 8:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:32 pm
Is every thread on this forum going to turn into a FedSoc Culture War Grievance Festival now?
Fed Soc. didn't initiate culture war, big guy.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 18, 2022 8:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:40 pm
Dying to know which one. In Dallas?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 18, 2022 9:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:30 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Not surprised. Both parents are lawyers in Dallas

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 22, 2022 10:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:52 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Its Jackson Walker according to the firm's linkedin post about their summer class

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 28, 2022 7:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:39 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Its Jackson Walker according to the firm's linkedin post about their summer class
def not in that post lol

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 7:47 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
def not in that post lol
Yes it is, it's a video

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 28, 2022 10:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
def not in that post lol
Yes it is, it's a video
ik i watched it, unless i missed it he’s not there. he’d be like the third person shown

could be looking at the wrong post or i am just an idiot tho so feel free to correct. thx

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 28, 2022 1:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:28 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
def not in that post lol
Yes it is, it's a video
ik i watched it, unless i missed it he’s not there. he’d be like the third person shown

could be looking at the wrong post or i am just an idiot tho so feel free to correct. thx
Could be wrong video, I saw him as like the third person in a video.

ETA: Went back and watched the video, he's no longer in it. But I swear he was before

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Res Ipsa Loquitter

Bronze

Post by Res Ipsa Loquitter » Sat May 28, 2022 2:09 pm

Why are you people watching law firm videos to find this guy? Should this person never be able to work again because he pissed off some kids at Northwestern. You claimed this wasn’t a witch hunt but it sure as hell looks like one

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Sat May 28, 2022 3:17 pm

Being curious about where the guy ended up isn’t the same as wanting him to lose his job. I'd bet plenty of people are just interested to see what someone who gets their offer rescinded does after that.

People are gossiping, not witch hunting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 28, 2022 4:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:46 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

def not in that post lol
Yes it is, it's a video

ETA: Went back and watched the video, he's no longer in it. But I swear he was before
Yep, I watched a prior version of this video and he most definitely was in it. Looks like they posted an updated video and removed him for whatever reason. Definitely not a Mandela Effect example, or at least I think..

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat May 28, 2022 10:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:39 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:46 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

def not in that post lol
Yes it is, it's a video

Yep, I watched a prior version of this video and he most definitely was in it. Looks like they posted an updated video and removed him for whatever reason. Definitely not a Mandela Effect example, or at least I think..
I saw it too. Yikes.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 29, 2022 2:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:23 am
Anonymous User wrote:
From what I've heard from NW friends and read online, I don't think any of the accusations involved race.
If you actually had any northwestern friends you'd know that no one in NU uses NW
NU = Nebraska nerd.

Watch some sports loser.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 29, 2022 3:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 2:48 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
From what I've heard from NW friends and read online, I don't think any of the accusations involved race.
If you actually had any northwestern friends you'd know that no one in NU uses NW
NU = Nebraska nerd.

Watch some sports loser.
If only both schools played each other in football so we can determine the proper abbreviations. oh wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jzbC6Uxtc

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 29, 2022 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NU = Nebraska nerd.

Watch some sports loser.
What does sports have to do with it? I was calling someone out for making stuff up. Like if a non law student said "L1" does it really matter v 1L? No but they just showed themselves.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 29, 2022 4:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 3:55 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NU = Nebraska nerd.

Watch some sports loser.
What does sports have to do with it? I was calling someone out for making stuff up. Like if a non law student said "L1" does it really matter v 1L? No but they just showed themselves.
Why would someone know to use NU instead of NW simply from being friends with someone that goes to northwestern? People in the LSA subreddit refer to northwestern as NW all the time. And these are people that are actually committed to the school. Why would anyone expect friends of someone that goes to northwestern to know to use NU over NW?

You're reaching

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 29, 2022 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NU = Nebraska nerd.

Watch some sports loser.
If you're watching Northwestern sports I feel bad for you. Private schools in major conferences never do well. Except in the Pac-12, apparently.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 29, 2022 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NU = Nebraska nerd.

Watch some sports loser.
Did you ever consider the possibility that maybe someone indeed has friends that go to Northwestern, but that individual themself decides to use NW over NU? Using the former abbreviation over the latter isn’t really a case of someone “showing” themselves. Perhaps this would be more so the case if that person claimed to be a student at Norrhwestern, but we aren’t talking about that situation, are we?
Anonymous User wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 4:46 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NU = Nebraska nerd.

Watch some sports loser.
If you're watching Northwestern sports I feel bad for you. Private schools in major conferences never do well. Except in the Pac-12, apparently.
Huh? Are we just going to ignore Baylor basketball, Duke basketball, and Vandy baseball?

Sackboy

Silver

Post by Sackboy » Sun May 29, 2022 6:35 pm

How about we make the active choice on this blessed day to not be insufferable? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 29, 2022 6:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
NU = Nebraska nerd.

Watch some sports loser.
Nebraska and Northwestern are in the same division of the Big Ten, and in sports NU = Nebraska. Nebraska is historically a Big 8/12 school, and that’s how all of them do university abbreviations—OU = U. Oklahoma, KU = U. Kansas, CU = U. Colorado, etc. even though they’re actually all backwards.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”